Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

So I pulled the pin and did some drone footage of the build. Once again, still learning editing etc bla bla lol.

Note: For the drone sherrifs that'll come after me, I was flying above trees where no one was and I could see the drone the whole time...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, gumb00t said:

So I pulled the pin and did some drone footage of the build. Once again, still learning editing etc bla bla lol.

Note: For the drone sherrifs that'll come after me, I was flying above trees where no one was and I could see the drone the whole time...

So I know it's a large area but for some reason seeing it from the air like that and seeing the Dreamworld Tower and Buzzsaw together makes the area look really small to me.

47 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

Remains of the train shed I presume 

credit to dreamworld times on Facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2817564521854077/permalink/2849026562041206/

Literally just yesterday 

On 13/02/2021 at 5:30 PM, themagician said:

Train shed has been completely demolished 

3284D477-6742-4166-B615-2FD9464D1E7A.thumb.jpeg.e681aef48d46d6e3bfd6475d0023e947.jpeg

Gonna follow the construction closely from now on 🙂 I live about 30 km away from Blue Fire at E.P. - and while I`m happy that I`m able to ride that coaster for more than 10 years now - regularly - I`m still super-jealous about you getting it with the spinning option 🙃 Thinking about how intense and fun that ride is in places even without spinning I can`t even imagine how great, fun, intense and disorientating it will be with the spinning 😍 The multi-launch will be a nice bonus to the standard-version - but the spinning car will be the real highlight for sure...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeorgeT said:

Gonna follow the construction closely from now on 🙂 I live about 30 km away from Blue Fire at E.P. - and while I`m happy that I`m able to ride that coaster for more than 10 years now - regularly - I`m still super-jealous about you getting it with the spinning option 🙃 Thinking about how intense and fun that ride is in places even without spinning I can`t even imagine how great, fun, intense and disorientating it will be with the spinning 😍 The multi-launch will be a nice bonus to the standard-version - but the spinning car will be the real highlight for sure...

I know Europa were doing some testing on BF with their new spinning seat. It's a shame you didn't get a chance to try it out before they closed for COVID. Hopefully they keep it going when they re-open so you can get a chance to experience the spin. 

11 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Source?

I have none. I thought I saw it either in a video or in a discussion either here or Reddit.

Just had a look and couldn't find the discussion either.

Edit: I remember the discussion also focused around the magnets to keep the spinning in check ect.

Edit 2: the discussion was accompanied with this video

I also could be very wrong and remembering incorrectly.

Edited by Naazon

My understanding is that there was a proof of concept version made quite a few years back which had a Time Traveller style carriage attached to an existing Blue Fire train:

And then Mack made the first production model and attached it again to their Blue Fire train for testing before sending it to Dreamworld:

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2