Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

8 hours ago, Gazza said:

The spinning seat was the one earmarked for DW, it was tested out of hours with Mack and EP Staff and will be disconnected and sent off to DW.

Source? 
Not that I doubt you, I just like to have facts laid out for me in case i've missed something. 
Having a look around I can't seem to find any official source to say if Europa had their own spinning car or not.

I now see @Slick's comment, He would probably be the best point of authority on this kind of thing. 

Edited by Jdude95

31 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Source? 
Not that I doubt you, I just like to have facts laid out for me in case i've missed something. 
Having a look around I can't seem to find any official source to say if Europa had their own spinning car or not.

I now see @Slick's comment, He would probably be the best point of authority on this kind of thing. 

It was in the video description when Mack first announced it on their channel.

Note the spinning seats are an earthy brown and green rather than the silver/blue/red as per the rest of the Blue Fire train n

Screenshot_20210215-203555.png

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

I think the ride parts at yatala have now been transported to dreamworld as there is now launch track in the carpark just check out destination dad and daughters instagram post linked here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLnjGC3g78s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Mike seems like a very upfront bloke, and probably is learning the craft of social media responses.

I commented on a post the other day that the Madagascar Show was tired and needed a refresh after 8 years without a change. He replied that he completely agreed. Refreshingly honest, probably not the best PR however....

Edited by Brad2912

At the risk of being a little alarmist -

1. the train appears to be on the storage spur
  2. the track in front of it has been covered with soil to some degree
  3. it looks like they're building retaining walls to hold that soil (there's a footer pretty close to the edge of the raised embankment)
  4. beyond the level crossing, there appears to be coaster footings already cemented into the ground (with rebar protruding)

Question: How does the train get out from there?

There does not appear to be any way for the train to roll out of it's current position meaning one of two things:

1. the train will be lifted by crane when the realignment of track is done, or
  2. the train will not return.

From when I’ve been to the park, from what I can see, the red shows the areas of track currently removed. And based off to site plans, the blue is the new proposed connection for the track. It appears that the left red track will be no more, therefore the loop behind blue lagoon is no more. Based off this, the train will be kept in its current position for quite some time until they build a new maintenance/storage shed and it won’t be operating again until the new track is installed. I doubt we will be seeing the train in operation until the end of the year.

4C272AB3-5DE8-4BAD-8D7B-A9A8351DFC0F.jpeg.b980b5a58bb08f08d06a222ba355d0e7.jpeg
A4C37596-42D7-4AD0-8683-252E03411466.thumb.jpeg.8976de1e8093206ea2ad2d644d7dfc68.jpeg

That also means the Rocky Hollow station will be no more and they have all this land for future attractions ADC4C87D-2626-450C-9D24-19AA232F68FC.thumb.jpeg.5f9374ef0cbe30b94a65378587931e3e.jpeg

Edited by themagician
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, themagician said:

From when I’ve been to the park, from what I can see, the red shows the areas of track currently removed. And based off to site plans, the blue is the new proposed connection for the track. It appears that the left red track will be no more, therefore the loop behind blue lagoon is no more. Based off this, the train will be kept in its current position for quite some time until they build a new maintenance/storage shed and it won’t be operating again until the new track is installed. I doubt we will be seeing the train in operation until the end of the year.

4C272AB3-5DE8-4BAD-8D7B-A9A8351DFC0F.jpeg.b980b5a58bb08f08d06a222ba355d0e7.jpeg
A4C37596-42D7-4AD0-8683-252E03411466.thumb.jpeg.8976de1e8093206ea2ad2d644d7dfc68.jpeg

That also means the Rocky Hollow station will be no more and they have all this land for future attractions ADC4C87D-2626-450C-9D24-19AA232F68FC.thumb.jpeg.5f9374ef0cbe30b94a65378587931e3e.jpeg

Plenty of room for third gate.

On 19/03/2021 at 3:05 PM, red dragin said:

The plans linked in this post show that the workshop track will be moved slightly, to maintain the connection. 

image.png.46803e8df78a18591f8f18d39448bcab.png

They haven't yet built the 'proposed track' and the train is still sitting on the 'existing track'. I would have thought it would have been smart to park the train on a section of rail that was to remain, rather than to be removed, especially since, as I already noted, it doesn't appear as though the train is able to roll out from its current location.