Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

Almost all of Rivals' layout is linear. Lifting and rigging had to be moved after almost every lift to reposition for the next piece.

Taipan's layout is far more compact. There are efficiencies that can be made here.

There's also the added advantage of not building on an active swamp.

Poor BuzzSaw....

It's like when you head into the suburbs and see an old couple still living in their 1970s fibro cottage (Hi Mum & Dad), and then someone buys up the house next door, bulldozes it and builds a 3 storey mansion, and then they are living in someones shadow until the day they die.

Edited by Brad2912

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I don’t mind GL either, people complain it is too slow, but I think that’s what adds to the thrills of it going round those tight bends and inverting. It definitely isn’t a bad coaster, but I’d always pick Rivals over it 

Completely agree. If it was faster, you wouldn't get the hangtime. And riding on the edge seats with no track just feels different to me, almost like you're falling. Unless the wheels come off, then you may be falling but thats a separate issue.

Back on topic, Channel 7 had a news report on Steel Taipans construction last night.

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSGoldCoast/posts/3832782013487125

• Like 1