Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

47 minutes ago, fletch said:

Sorry, should of specified it as vertical construction.

Pretty much. Steel Coasters usually go up pretty quick when they go vertical.

25 minutes ago, LORD_Noodle said:

Just going on the progress are they looking at finishing this off by September school holidays??? And beating their October November prediction?

I doubt it. Still a lot to get done besides getting the layout finished - landscaping, theming, safety checks, testing, employee training, etc. As it has a different audience they probably aren't worried about competing with Leviathan.

• Like 4

My lovely wife bought us a 7 day pass to use at whatever the MW park collective is referred to these days, that expires just prior to Christmas this year, so I'm hoping this will be open in time for that.

I've seen a couple of mentions on the FB group about it looking like Boxing Day opening, which would be disappointing, but if the theming is done right than so be it.

I was thinking, would it not be better for them to aim to open along side or close to the Leviathan's opening so they can use both ride openings as a draw card?

22 hours ago, themagician said:

As I’ve already said, DC Rivals took 4 months, but that was a much more complex construction process. If there aren’t any delays, I can see track construction complete within 3 months.

After that they’ve got to build the station/maintenance building, queue area, landscaping, pathways, theming and then also testing.

In the renders/video we have seen all this rock work... what are the chances they will actually build all this 

4602244E-7065-4411-8A6B-330584E86F09.jpeg.8e37627ba0f85db9b2671caed9bf9be0.jpeg

I really hope they do, especially on the back of the SkyVoyager building so it isn’t just a white backdrop. And it will make the coaster even more exciting if you are twisting and turning between and around rock work

There's pieces of metal mesh/mold things lying around in the carpark that come in the shape of rocks/boulders. It's likely these'll be added exactly or closely resembling those shown in the rendering.

I will try find a photo of Blue Fire's so youse can compare them with Steel Taipan's ones.

• Like 4

I’m glad dreamworld are putting quite a bit of effort into this like sky voyager with the (IMO) good themed queue and good if corny safety video. so I’m happy seeing dreamworld is improving in the theming department because (IMO) after dreamworks the park fell when it came to theming with some exceptions like the hot wheels queue.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

I’m glad dreamworld are putting quite a bit of effort into this like sky voyager with the (IMO) good themed queue and good if corny safety video. so I’m happy seeing dreamworld is improving in the theming department because (IMO) after dreamworks the park fell when it came to theming with some exceptions like the hot wheels queue.

Agree it is good. But please don’t say good and the sky voyager video in the same sentence. I see that they tried to recreate the Soarin experience, but “Cassie” gets old really quick. Unlike the way Patrick Warburton does his cheese, she is as repeatable as Melissa Mcarthy. 

Granted it was better than the original contrived video they had for the pre show, but it’s still not amazing, and It comes across as amateurish. Including the obvious rip of the Soarin music they play in the main queue hall. 

36 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

Agree it is good. But please don’t say good and the sky voyager video in the same sentence. I see that they tried to recreate the Soarin experience, but “Cassie” gets old really quick. Unlike the way Patrick Warburton does his cheese, she is as repeatable as Melissa Mcarthy. 

Granted it was better than the original contrived video they had for the pre show, but it’s still not amazing, and It comes across as amateurish. Including the obvious rip of the Soarin music they play in the main queue hall. 

I think it’s amazing. Easily the best pre-ride video in Australia, closely followed by the pre-ride video Arkham Asylum had. 

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Slick said:

I think it’s amazing. Easily the best pre-ride video in Australia, closely followed by the pre-ride video Arkham Asylum had. 

This is probably a topic for its own, but Sky Voyager and Arkham was crap with their pre shows videos. 

Best pre show videos in Australia for a ride? You can’t go past Space Probe 7. Nothing else since has compared. 

5 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

This is probably a topic for its own, but Sky Voyager and Arkham was crap with their pre shows videos. 

Best pre show videos in Australia for a ride? You can’t go past Space Probe 7. Nothing else since has compared. 

Space Probe 7’s video was rubbish. Sky Voyager’s Soarin’ music is epic and the pre-ride always gets a chuckle from me. “Push it, push it real good.” What a classic line.

Anyway, time to keep it in topic. 😂🍻

14 hours ago, Slick said:

I think you need to declare your bias.

11 hours ago, TimmyG said:

Both SV and Arkham share a common person behind the scenes. I think they both strike a nice balance between funny, corny, useful to the theme and informative to riders awaiting their turn to ride about what to do. 

Whilst I have my own bias - I think Probe's ORIGINAL channel 7 produced video was great - and lightyears ahead of its time in terms of production values (thanks Channel 7), but the pre-show video for probe was just that - a pre-show. It didn't try to be anything more than 'here's the story'.

Sky Voyager certainly does have the flavours of soarin - including the playlist - but isn't imitation the greatest form of flattery? Wasn't the very building that stood on the site of the now-sky voyager attraction modelled after one of the most iconic disney park buildings in main street USA? I think it was very deliberate to imitate the attraction, and it works. 

11 hours ago, Slick said:

Space Probe 7’s video was rubbish. Sky Voyager’s Soarin’ music is epic and the pre-ride always gets a chuckle from me. “Push it, push it real good.” What a classic line.

You wash your mouth!

Does your arm ever get sore from patting yourself on the back so much? ;) 🍻

19 hours ago, gumb00t said:

Got a shot of the rocky themeing. Looks like there will be some half decent decorations!

DJI_0304.JPG

Thanks for the upload!

I've found an image online of Blue Fire's rock theming and thought I'd post it here coz why not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'll be exciting seeing all of this come together on Steel Taipan :D

Blue Fire Theming.jpg

Edited by Im Hungry