Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

5 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

If only one train has the spinning seat, that will end up leading to problem when that train  go into maintenance leaving a standard train in operation when the spinning seats are part of the marketing for the ride. 

They will be an up charge so not part of the standard offering, I don’t see it being a problem really.

As dumb as this may sound, I simply wonder why this version of the pretty much Blue Fire layout features the long skinny supports that look as though they're not connected to anything nor have any use (like the intricate mess of metal chopsticks beneath the loop)... From other images I've seen of similar layouts, they appear to not be featured.

And another thought to add, why does this version feature a different support structure to hold up the loop compared to those on the other layouts? Would it be because of the speed Dreamworld's train will travel?

Sorry if the answer seems straight forward, I'm just blank atm.

Edited by Im Hungry

Gold Coast Theme Parks: Dreamworld unveils new rollercoaster Steel Taipan

Dreamworld has revealed details of its latest rollercoaster, a 105 km/h experience with an exhilarating burst of darkness during the park’s 1.2km new ride.

DREAMWORLD has revealed guests will race through a rock tunnel in the Taipan’s arid desert home at up to 105 km/h, experiencing an exhilarating burst of darkness during the park’s 1.2km new ride. 

The news came as construction of the triple launch coaster reached a major milestone as the top of the ride’s fully inverted loop was swung into place.

With the build commencing in October 2020 and the ride anticipated to open in late 2021, Condev Constructions have already completed over 40% per cent of the track installation, utilising over 125 track pieces, 140 column pieces, 6000 high strength bolts and having installed 520 pile foundations.

Dreamworld said the rollercoaster train had recently left German manufacturer, MACK Rides and was expected to arrive at Dreamworld in late June.

The snake-themed train was custom-designed to fit the reptilian theme of the rollercoaster and includes the world’s first spinning rear gondola.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/gold-coast-theme-parks-dreamworld-unveils-new-1970s-rollercoaster-the-gold-coaster/news-story/877b3ae20369a09303620d795a09f00d

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

So we thinking the tunnel will contain the launch track? 

Judging by the images, I believe the tunnel will be the section of track before the loop with another smaller passthrough at the bottom of exit from the block brake. 

Dreamworld - Remembering the Golden Years have some more photos on their Facebook page here: 

https://www.facebook.com/dwgoldenyears/posts/1114239682386436

And a video of the trains here:

https://fb.watch/5krYqzlnuK/

Edited by mssveattck

Taipan is an LSM launch isn't it? Wasn't ToT an LSM system also? And didn't they used to have heaps of trouble after rainfall, and have to go and dry off the launch tracks before they could run it again? isn't that part of the reason why they built the big tunnel for TOTII?

It's been a while, but i'm pretty sure that was one of the big issues for TOT prior to the backwards refurb - someone please correct me if i'm wrong?

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

Looks like the same train shells as Helix and Icon are being used

image.thumb.png.a9cbe5c71a579f1ccf94fd68a18e9dda.png

Praying that it comes with lights 😭

14 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Are we only getting one train now, the video and announcement from dreamworld only 1 train is on the way. Hope this is only a mistake 

Judging by the photos on here, it seems like there's 5 standard carriages (1 extra for the spinner) READY to be shipped over as a whole train, and also appears to be the base of a couple more carriages just behind them. Maybe Dreamworld is getting two trains - it's just one's ready and the other isn't.

I personally haven't seen that video posted above yet so I'll take a more in-depth look when I can.

Is it confirmed that Steel Taipan will operate with 4 standard 1 spinner carriages (bringing the total to 5 cars like on other Blue Fire models) or 5 standard 1 spinner carriages (bringing the total to 6 cars like on Hypercoaster models)?

Edited by Im Hungry