Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So we thinking the tunnel will contain the launch track? 

5 hours ago, mssveattck said:

Judging by the images, I believe the tunnel will be the section of track before the loop with another smaller passthrough at the bottom of exit from the block brake. 

Hopefully the below image from the all important Page 21 gives you (@Brad2912) an idea where the tunnel theming will be... Like what Mr Greg Yong stated in the 7 News clip, "the train will come out of this loop and will be plunged into darkness, and then back out into the course of the track."

On 01/08/2020 at 6:54 PM, Retardent said:

1577733495_ScreenShot2020-08-01at6_41_00pm.thumb.jpg.92a8a73a2fb874efa0f513515ba3aaf4.jpg

There will be 2 tunnels.

Edited by Im Hungry
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, themagician said:

Yeah it looks like it and that will be awesome. A coaster like this will be awesome, but adding in all this rock work to launch through and weave in and out of will take it to another level 

I disagree.

The tunnel is in the plans to be just before the loop. Greg even mentions this in his interview.

I've done some dodgy mspaint work to try and illustrate my take on the perspectives of the photos. Colours match where I think they appear in the photo VS plan

tunnelplan.png

tunnel.jpeg

tunnel2.jpeg

After a close analysis of the video showing Dreamworld's trains in preparation for shipment from Germany, it appears that there will only be ONE train with the spinner. There are two trains shown in the video - the front row of cars appearing in the video are assumed to all fit 1 train (with a complete set of 20 seats), whereas the second row will fit only 18 thanks to the spinner.

Edited by Im Hungry

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Two rains are shown in the concept POVAnd the tunnel will be before the loop and according to the video, there will be an access path/bridge to get from Main Street to the Giant Drop

Video is just concept and was told does not reflect the final design. The tender documents show completely different layout without the bridge and pathway. 

• Like 2

thanks for the photos @Jdude95. so since track should be done in the next month and half all they  have to do after is the station and maintenance building, queue and rockwork so december school holidays is seeming way more likely as the opening timeframe.

Edited by Smol bean
grammar and wording fixes