Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

image.thumb.png.8060d9bbcb871bdccf3bc3680e7bec20.png

Its kind of like this. The train is overlaunched slightly because it starts coasting on the flat and losing speed before it even gets to the overbank. Next launch has to be enough to get it to the top of the spike but since most of the train on the spike is below the overbank level, it would still be slower, i would estimate 70 or 80. Final launch gets it to 105 in the bank of LSMs, would coast and lose speed to 100 before entering the overbank and then the rest of the layout is on spec.

• Like 5

That first drone shot make's the coaster look damn impressive. I like spaghetti coaster's where you kind of need to stare at them for a bit to figure out exactly where the go. 

Content wise it wasn't as interesting as the last video and the questions were a bit generic. I know it's something you kind of need to plan from the start, but I would love to see a deep dive into this whole process. Going from start to finish about how they finalise their ride decisions, who they bring on-board for construction, how logistics are managed, etc. Even explore some of the challenges that have arisen with COVID as well. Almost like a mash up of 'Mega Constructions' and 'The Imagineering Story' with an honest look at the industry. 

image.jpeg.d6c8a190dd0ca5156b657def57c2bc7f.jpeg

1 hour ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

I would love to see a deep dive into this whole process. Going from start to finish about how they finalise their ride decisions

I'm guessing these videos are for marketing, not education. I'm saying that I would love to see a video from @Dreamworld showing the whole coaster process from concept idea to completion. 

Yeah I think i said similar with the last video. for the GP - its a cool little teaser showing bits and pieces amongst talking heads and an energetic background track designed to build momentum towards opening. 

It could have been  MUCH better done in house (if you know what i mean) but it is what it is, and it isn't bad.

The most important thing to remember is that enthusiasts aren't the intended audience, and once you view that with this in mind, its fine.

• Like 3

Yeah I find it hard to criticise this.

We got renderings and POV at the announcement

Regular construction updates.

Videos showing how it gets built for a layperson.

Docos with 10 min episodes like Efteling do would be cool but tbh I'm not sure if many people other than thoosies watch them. These videos are digestible.

Where is all this for Leviathan?

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, gumb00t said:

Yeh the videos aren't trophy winners but it's good to see Dreamworld putting effort in. 

I agree, Dreamworld has raised their game. I hope the TS coaster's theming will be on the level of Dreamworks. This years 2021 Winterfest has also raised Dreamworld's bar for events. I'm excited to see what Dreamworld has planed for Happy Halloween and Christmas. 

31 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Right here on the Construction Blog thats not been updated since March!

https://themeparks.com.au/blog/leviathan-construction?_ga=2.170334310.775209688.1627007436-283479558.1615532671

They were posting pretty regularly on socials up until March as well. Then construction slowed and there haven’t been too many drastic changes since. 

1 hour ago, Jdude95 said:

Dreamworld got custody of the worlds smallest microphone? 

He doesn't like to be called that.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

They were posting pretty regularly on socials up until March as well. Then construction slowed and there haven’t been too many drastic changes since. 

That's the precise time when the online marketing should ramp up - the enthusiasts have nothing new to post online to trigger the clickbait journos to write about it - so NOW is when they SHOULD be pushing content to fill in the gaps and build up the hype.

If only there was someone out there they could employ who knows this sort of thing...

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That's the precise time when the online marketing should ramp up - the enthusiasts have nothing new to post online to trigger the clickbait journos to write about it - so NOW is when they SHOULD be pushing content to fill in the gaps and build up the hype.

That’s a very good point. Looking through posts I’ve made on GCTP, I’ve only done 2 updates all year on Leviathan construction and the last one was over two months ago. VRTP should be pushing hard with marketing for the summer holidays. There are the smaller ads for the annual passes that very briefly mentions the rides opening, but they should do a full campaign only focusing on the new land. The ad for Rivals is the last campaign we’ve seen from VRTP that only focuses on the new attraction and not passes and then briefly mentions the new thing