Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Because if you step on a snake you get bitten and die, so no one will walk on the path and the ride will never be ridden…. 

So, no stepping on the snake. 

...But riding on it's back is fine?

12 hours ago, New display name said:

Does a Taipan have a green belly?

Depends. As you can see, there's a lot of variety in colour - which makes identifying them difficult.

No orange ones though... so *shrug*

image.png.4d3db6a093153aec9c7c06beedb25c32.png

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

A imprint into the concrete can not fade.

nor is it 'that much more costly' (my only concern was that they do it well)

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

So, no stepping on the snake. 

...But riding on it's back is fine?

First you have to walk through the center of the snake,  squeeze out of its bum and then climb on top of the snake to cowboy/cowgirl it.

Edited by New display name

@Gazza ST isn't thematically already, so I don't know why you insist the path has to be if DW has already shown it's going to be bitsa theming.

The queue is the snake.

The train is the snake.

The station is a tilt-up slab.

It's bland, It's boring.  If you can't deliver a good theme, at least make it interesting and give me something to look at.(😁)

Theming is 100% a waste of time when it ends up like Rivals. 

Edited by New display name

Yes but theming should be a rich tapestry of finishes, not just saying "hurrr it's snake themed so lets put snake skin on EVERYTHING"

The rock tunnels don't have snake skin on it.

Needs to be balanced between theming related to the snake and theming related to the snakes habitat, IMO.

Agree on Rivals, that's what happens when "sleek/modern" is insisted upon. I'm sure we know a few other recent Australian attractions where that was clearly the driver 😏

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gazza said:

The rock tunnels don't have snake skin on it.

That's the only part that makes sense.

My theory.

DW:                        “We are up the Murrissipi River without a paddle boat”

Mr Mack:              “Lucky for you, we have a customer that has pulled out of buying a BlueFire”

DW:                       “we don’t like to spend more then 10m on a ride.”

Mr Mack:             “it can come with caves”

DW:                      “SOLD!”

Mr Mack:             “you need to hurry up and tell us what train you want”

DW:                       “ um, um, um. F^&k what do you have?”

Mr Mack              “we can build a train that looks like a snake”

DW:                      “SOLD!”

Mr Mack:            “we are ready to make the logo for the train so have you come up with a name?

DW:                    “ It’s between Hiss-teria and Steel Taipan”

Mr Mack:           “we would call it Hiss-teria because we have already painted the trains green underneath”

DW:                    “ Since when have we ever had a theme that is thematically?  Steel Taipan it is”

I don't mind the approach of combining modern architecture with themed elements. Yes it's a cop out and yes its not what I'd prefer, but our parks have set their own standard for what gets people through the doors. Rivals showed that the bare minimum of a themed integration (aka printed flats) will not deter record crowds and rider satisfaction. 

Going overboard on theming would ultimately be a waste of money in this market unless you did something so mind-boggling good that it set a new standard and dethroned rivals as Australia's best attraction. 

2 hours ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

Going overboard on theming would ultimately be a waste of money in this market unless you did something so mind-boggling good that it set a new standard and dethroned rivals as Australia's best attraction. 

I think I'll be damn close, there will visitors that prefer ST to DCR or even SE because it "has loops" and a triple launch.

Im not sure how many people on here have ridden BF or it's clones but it's a top ride in the world with a really well balanced layout and the final roll is the best thing ever, a true WTF moment you have to experience to understand.

• Like 1

I'm really excited for Steel Taipan because I haven't experienced BF or it's clones before. I'm a sucker for launches and depending on the day can place SE above DCR, so I can see ST taking over as my personal favourite coaster in Australia. 

Also it will be fun knowing that Dreamworld will have the best and worst launched coasters in Australia!

Nifty reveal, but also seizure warning.

https://fb.watch/v/3zPq4ix0L/

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

10 minutes ago, New display name said:

I agree with @Gazza  If what CaptainSleepyGun is saying was true, themeparks would only install the same one coaster in every park.  God, some people even think a monorail is the duck's nuts. 

My post had nothing to do with the ride, just the theming? 

Also a better dig would be CraptainLazyGuns.