Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

I think the issue with anything is that there is stuff that  straddles the boundaries.

Like Dorney Park or Luna Park or Nagashima, squarely Amusement parks.

Or Disneysea or Phantasialand or PortAventura, squarely theme parks.

But then Australian parks, some SF parks etc straddle the boundary and have zones with themes, but some without, and then sometimes attractions that break the theme.

And also, the other factor to consider is what level of theming brings it from amusement park to theme park.

For example Adventure World does have zones (Eg the Nautical Zone, the mining themed section on the mountain, the devil themed zone and the dragon land zone but the theming is a bit light on, so it never feels quite immersive.

Whilst old gold rush at DW definitely was immersive.

29 minutes ago, New display name said:

Currently Parkz has everything listed as a theme park which is not correct.  It would be good if Parkz had more categories and it was the Parkz members who decided what went where.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.thumb.JPG.cf2f001e742fc0753fa53e7cdddddb0a.JPG

Agreed. Lumping everything under "theme park" or "ride" has largely been done for expediency and this terminology is slowly being replaced across the site in favour of "attraction".

But members can indeed submit changes/additions to the database and there's currently nine categories for parks to choose from, including both theme and amusement.

• Like 2

That’s great @@Richard, but I do have a “but” 

If I submit a change, the decision of my change falls on one person.

Adventure World currently shows as a Theme Park, but you can clearly see in the poll taken most Parkz members don’t believe it to be so.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.thumb.JPG.b8d3ad98f68ead89e26dd8578f13ca56.JPG

If I submit a change for Adventure World would the change happen if the boss didn't believe it to be so?

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

After viewing this vid of Blue Fire’s spinning seat test on TikTok, I’d say it’s best to follow the advice of having passengers of varying masses on either side to get the most spin… Unless you wanna take it easy, find a partner of equivalent mass.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJtc96Yr/ 

(TikTok wouldn’t let me save the video)

Edited by Im Hungry

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

One spinning train and one standard train.🤔

I guess we all just assumed based on the fact that DCR had both trains backwards that ST would be the same. 

Its disappointing - i'm sure it was mentioned a while back that if it is only on one train, then when that train goes down for maintenance, they won't be able to offer that experience, but the slight increase to capacity, as well as the ability to ride the 'actual' back of the train for a different airtime experience as well makes for some good re-rideability as you can get a different experience at the 'very' back of the train. 

I can see issues for people who want to wait for the very back of the train though, but it will be disappointing if Dreamworld don't allow that.

While I see the silver lining, its pretty shit that they only got one spinner, and chances are it won't be available half the time in off peak simply due to cost-saving measures as they balance the wear and tear on each train. I wonder if they will actually list which train will operate on any given day on their website or whether you have to wait until you get to the carpark?

• Like 3

I don’t know how I feel about one spinning train and this is what’s running through my head.

50% of the time Rivals back seat is empty while the queue is out the door and that does get my goat.

The spinning car sounds more appealing than a backward riding seat so "might" be more popular.

People who want to do the spin and the train not being available will be unhappy.

It was mentioned a while back that only one train would have the spinner. Also the 'high capacity' train is the same as both Rivals trains. It actually seems a shame to me that they couldn't get at least one more so they can run 3 in the summer peak, and ALWAYS run 2 in the smaller peaks. Blue Fire has 5 and runs 4 for comparison. I think that with our peak periods spread out over the year, there really is a compelling case for one train more than the coaster can handle at Australian parks but ST could literally handle it.

Also with 2 trains, the mid course block run is just a pointless mood killer. Pity we couldn't get a nice floater airtime hill there.

Also just on that video:

"What will the guest experiemce be like"

"How so do you ensure maximum excitement and safety?"

"The device"

"An opening crew member of Steel Taipan"

"People occupied dispatches"

"Manual handling procedures"

My god who talks like this? Did anyone see Big Dippers announcement and think 'I wonder what the guest experience will be like?'. It's a roller coaster, people have a pretty good idea what the guest experience will be like. I also have never heard anyone say 'The device' who wasn't just trying to sound smart.

You know the more I think of it, the more I think my first paragraph of disappointment was influenced by having just watched the 'behind the scenes' 

Edited by joz

Where's the excitement? The passion? The pride? The turnaround story?

I've interviewed these fine folks before - I know they're passionate about this coaster, but these videos don't let them shine and don't do the project justice.

How this video lands is that checking off a list of dot points a manager wanted communicated was more important than telling a story the audience wanted to watch. Which is sad, because I wanted way more from Dreamworld, particularly given how much of their recovery is pinned on the success of "this device."

Edited by Slick
  • Like 1