153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

6 hours ago, themagician said:

And here’s a construction update

C2A2EFE2-50B5-4473-AD00-3711727BC530.jpeg

EE6FF09B-8C66-41DF-9107-7893034DBA0A.jpeg

41526A7A-F494-4904-B57A-B323C3D7B99E.jpeg

ACA77E70-83FC-4389-81E6-0415CACD861D.jpeg

Saw them testing the lights inside the station... They look nice as against the mud-looking snake-like scales. So too do the dirty green walls.

(The lights are on the diamond-like rafters, using the same/similar strips of light used to illuminate Rival's station)

5 hours ago, Gazza said:

Would be cool if windows are cut in the wall so we can watch the launch from the station.

I think it would be cool if we could find somebody from The Land Down Under that could design a station that doesn't end up looking like a bunnings prefab carport. Just once would be nice.

• Like 3

I’m thinking late October at the earliest. Rivals started testing mid August and opened late September. It will be a few more weeks before testing begins. And due to the twisting track, I doubt they could do much site work while it’s under testing 

Edited by themagician

3 hours ago, TimmyG said:

What does everyone reckon? September holidays opening?

September holidays are in 5 weeks. No chance imo..

8 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Anyone else think this part of the track is way too close to the footpath (assuming this footpath is accessible to guests)? Seems like a prime place for idiots to play chicken with a speeding taipan...

That’s the ride envelope. No one is walking through there…

If they go for an October opening, that could be a good way to encourage people to go to the Halloween event to ride it at night. 

57 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I thought the same as @Cactus_Matt

2B14D175-0DE2-432E-9F96-D0637D7A636F.jpeg.dc7a22afa2504ca8b4ec230bc54f70f9.jpeg

This moment seems pretty low. This path is the entrance path to the attractions area. 

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

If they go for an October opening, that could be a good way to encourage people to go to the Halloween event to ride it at night. 

I thought the same as @Cactus_Matt

2B14D175-0DE2-432E-9F96-D0637D7A636F.jpeg.dc7a22afa2504ca8b4ec230bc54f70f9.jpeg

This moment seems pretty low. This path is the entrance path to the attractions area. 

Seems incredibly low hence my thought this was in the envelope and not publicly accessible. Maybe the photo is deceiving in scale, but that literally appears like an average sized adult could touch the track itself 

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Seems incredibly low hence my thought this was in the envelope and not publicly accessible. Maybe the photo is deceiving in scale, but that literally appears like an average sized adult could touch the track itself 

My thoughts exactly, or if not, some teenager could run and jump and grab onto it. 

When I was there yesterday i thought it was low, hence why I took this photo. But maybe up close it is higher than we think. 

2 hours ago, themagician said:

My thoughts exactly, or if not, some teenager could run and jump and grab onto it. 

They'll have to put a net under the track. Can't have people throwing stuff at the train or parts flying off into guests. It's been done with rides like the Velocicoaster and Ice Breaker (Ice Breaker was testing before they installed the nets, they were using portable umbrellas under the ride on pathways)

11 hours ago, TimmyG said:

What does everyone reckon? September holidays opening?

Not even close.

I expect it to open sometime during their "best summer ever"...

16 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Anyone else think this part of the track is way too close to the footpath (assuming this footpath is accessible to guests)? Seems like a prime place for idiots to play chicken with a speeding taipan...

I always thought Superman was pretty low, but this looks too risky to be left uncovered. Maybe that curved ladder fence will have a cover or safety net coming off it?

Perhaps Dreamworld could install another rock tunnel for guests to pass through 💀

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The tenders show this as the ride entrance.

Edited by Im Hungry

13 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

Hopefully at whatever price it's set, the locals who purchased the $119 annual pass get the in-park discount as advertised.

They have never advertised an in park discount on ST for pass holders, in-park discount is specifically food/bev/merch. 

I would like to see peak/off peak pricing and perhaps a loyalty (buy 5 get 1 free) kind of thing.

Edited by Park Addict 93

1 hour ago, Park Addict 93 said:

They have never advertised an in park discount on ST for pass holders, in-park discount is specifically food/bev/merch. 

I would like to see peak/off peak pricing and perhaps a loyalty (buy 5 get 1 free) kind of thing.

LOCALS ANNUAL PASS PURCHASED AFTER 31 OCTOBER 2020

• Discounts are only valid on full price sales and exclude already discounted entry, merchandise or food and beverages items. Retail discount excludes LEGO Store.

I assume since Steel Taipan's spinning seat will be a full-priced upcharge, an in-park discount will apply to those with the applicable annual pass.