Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Trying to remember, but didn't a post/column on Rivals get modified during construction because of a clearance issue?

More than just a clearance issue  it tried to pass straight through a support column for the track below:

https://www.parkz.com.au/photo/14866-DC_Rivals_HyperCoaster_construction/gallery/sort/newest/location/dc-rivals-hypercoaster/offset/207

The ride also had a major section of track removed for reprofiling a year or so after it opened: https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2018/08/24/620-Track_comes_down_from_DC_Rivals_HyperCoaster_during_annual_maintenance.html

Even if the design process is perfect (and as we see, it's glaringly not), there can still be flaws that appear during fabrication, shipping, ride construction as well as theming/landscaping construction.

There's also the fact that you probably also want to double check that the train can be safely winched around the track, because there's basically a 100% chance that it will stall at some point during its 30-odd year life.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Richard said:

More than just a clearance issue  it tried to pass straight through the track below:

https://www.parkz.com.au/photo/14866-DC_Rivals_HyperCoaster_construction/gallery/sort/newest/location/dc-rivals-hypercoaster/offset/207

Doesn't Mack do test fits before shipping? or is that only for prototypes?

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

^...not to mention that the question was actually on the DCR support that tried to go through the track...

I spent way too much time looking for this but I swore the support had alignment issues with another support not the track and can now confirm, thanks to @themagician and the crazy amount of photos taken and @ThemeTendo

DSCN8112.thumb.JPG.62c03e6e652e76561bd81

DSCN8110.thumb.JPG.32c3d2b580c660679112b

IMG_1257.JPG.8d7c14becf81a8f2538645d6249

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Yeah look, I was about to slam the choice of chain-link \ cyclone fencing, but it worked fine for years for Lethal\Arkham and Superman. I guess the borderline carpark coasters like Rivals and Green Lantern have spoiled us with really nicely presented boundary fences - but I have to keep reminding myself they're trying to do this on a budget.

Chain link fencing is fine.

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yeah look, I was about to slam the choice of chain-link \ cyclone fencing, but it worked fine for years for Lethal\Arkham and Superman. I guess the borderline carpark coasters like Rivals and Green Lantern have spoiled us with really nicely presented boundary fences - but I have to keep reminding myself they're trying to do this on a budget.

Chain link fencing is fine.

Some cheap vines aren't that expensive. Hell, steal some passionfruit cuttings and that whole fence will be smothered in a year