Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

16 hours ago, themagician said:

Fair. That time it was someone who messaged my page saying they saw it, I trusted their message and shared that. This time, it’s someone who I’ve been in contact with for years and has provided reliable information every time

I know man, just friendly razzing. :)

16 hours ago, New display name said:

At this time, it might be easier to add a standard footer to your post.😂

or a footing?

• Love it! 1

Does anyone know why steel taipan cost more than dc rivals to build? It hardly looks comparable. ST as is blue fire are more a family thrill ride but if dreamworld are trying to attract people to the park I would have thought they would go with something a bit more unique and exciting. I'm sure it will be fun but it simply won't have the air time that enthusiasts will be expecting on a coaster of this nature. Perhaps we will see something else in the next 5 yrs to fill that gap for the thrill seekers now that buzzsaw and TT2 are both out of action because even with ST dreamworld really lacks something that throws a punch. This was what attracted me to dreamworld in the past and ST on its own doesn't really cut it. I suppose dreamworld needed to try and attract a wider audience so ST is a good solution but for me personally I'm not really interested in going until they get something else.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Will S said:

Does anyone know why steel taipan cost more than dc rivals to build? It hardly looks comparable. ST as is blue fire are more a family thrill ride but if dreamworld are trying to attract people to the park I would have thought they would go with something a bit more unique and exciting. I'm sure it will be fun but it simply won't have the air time that enthusiasts will be expecting on a coaster of this nature. Perhaps we will see something else in the next 5 yrs to fill that gap for the thrill seekers now that buzzsaw and TT2 are both out of action because even with ST dreamworld really lacks something that throws a punch. This was what attracted me to dreamworld in the past and ST on its own doesn't really cut it. I suppose dreamworld needed to try and attract a wider audience so ST is a good solution but for me personally I'm not really interested in going until they get something else.

How do you know it doesnt cut it without riding it first?

14 minutes ago, Will S said:

Does anyone know why steel taipan cost more than dc rivals to build?

Depends on what the cost involved. Steel Taipan is on top of what used to be a developed part of the theme park, so I'd imagine that there was considerable cost in landscaping the area to be suitable for the attraction. Also factor the launch systems, minor themed elements and comparable amount of steel used for the track and it starts to make since why Steel Taipan is a little bit more expensive. 

Whilst some enthusiasts may look at this and think it's not great compared to DC Rivals which is perfectly reasonable, I actually think it has potential to out-perform that coaster with the general public. Being a family thrill makes means that it's potential audience is greater, launched coasters have a wow factor that really draws people in and considering Dreamworld's shortcomings in recent years it should hopefully put the theme park back in people's minds. 

1 minute ago, Ryanhop01 said:

Bit sad to see all the comments on that facebook post of people saying it "looks boring". 

Facebook comments are generally awful on the best of days. I think they're just fishing for attention. 

Gee I can't wait to ride the 100kph launched, 4 inversions family coaster! /s

It's hard to say this ride isn't for Thrill Seekers with the stats it has. In Europa Park Blue Fire has the second highest height limit of their twelve coasters. If "Air-time" is the only metric that apparently matters, I guess Batwing is one of the best flat rides out there!

• Like 5