Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

*sigh. so sick of all these thoosie pages uploading a copy of the video with their own text or logo over the top without so much as even attributing the original source making it look like its "their vid". At least OurWorlds includes attribution.

Well... I guess we all know what that last rock mesh was for...

*Shots fired at Movie World lol.

Huh?

14eba5e5618673e2f9323a247306f63a.jpg

50b4722ec939a924be1633f57e4bdb3e.jpg

And this is why I said “I would have waiting” because that other awful video is out running around now and this one so much better! 
I hate that it’s barreling around a construction site but can’t have hype and a finished ride at the same time. 

Glad they put this out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slick said:

The 4K version is up.

A million, kajillion times better. Now that we've got a solid POV, can we confirm the rumour that this is running quicker than the OG Blue Fire in Germany?

I've seen some photos of it and the orange is just stunning against the blue sky. Also really keen to see it with the zero car on the front - the trains already look sexy AF.

Did they let you in to record this one?

Edited by TimmyG

1 hour ago, Slick said:

can we confirm the rumour that this is running quicker than the OG Blue Fire in Germany?

Yes it is running faster but I wouldn't put my house on it that it will be running at this speed when it opens.  Rivals ran faster during early testing before they installed the trim brakes.

Here's an update from this afternoon. ST was testing frequently so was able to get some decent footage!

Another angle of the sign; looks like the rockwork is shaped so you can sit underneath it:

DSC03002.thumb.JPG.09124c37851fe90d24653bc30ecbbb45.JPG

Inspired by a certain other coaster's signage perhaps?

image1-2.thumb.jpeg.aa6ee7089aa643784e9fb2a83893a5b8.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Slick said:

Soo…

We’ve all seen the POV now… What’s up with the launch having no build up or visibility?

Buzzsaw getting cleared may open up a potential viewing area of the launch. I'd also like to see some audio tied to it, similar to what they're doing with the Road Runner Refurb.

• Like 4
  • Love it! 1

1 minute ago, OgreMagic said:

Here's an update from this afternoon. ST was testing frequently so was able to get some decent footage!

Another angle of the sign; looks like the rockwork is shaped so you can sit underneath it:

Buzzsaw getting cleared may open up a potential viewing area of the launch. I'd also like to see some audio tied to it, similar to what they're doing with the Road Runner Refurb.

On 01/08/2020 at 6:54 PM, Retardent said:

1071651081_ScreenShot2020-08-01at6_36_08pm.thumb.jpg.3068db93d263e91b14ce29a31189629a.jpg

This is the modern entrance sign is going next to Sky Voyager in Main Street.

1967469402_ScreenShot2020-08-01at6_29_27pm.thumb.jpg.ce94c0931b925f6ed9af10d56cef2d88.jpg

That rock seat would most definitely be the instagram feature to Taipan (as shown in the tender).

Also, is it unlikely we'll see the construction of the entrance signage seen in the first tender image?

After watching the first 25 seconds of @OgreMagic's video, it appears they do sound a horn before a test run...

3 hours ago, OgreMagic said:

AmazIng footage. Thank you taking the time out of your day to film this!

6 hours ago, StingRay said:

Well, considering it had some work done on it recently one would expect a few more years are indeed left in it. 

Once again agree 100%. It’s had a good maintenance period, it’s been repainted, rethemed and it’s had new trains. The mechanics for this ride are fairly simple and parts should never be a problem.There are far older coasters than this still running perfectly well. It should have many good years left in her - that’s the short version. 

• Like 1