Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

Looks good but Dreamworld is still crap atm. The coaster lineup is an outdated looper, a poor man's Jet Rescue, some crappy kids coaster and this. 1 good Coaster in what's supposed to be the country's biggest theme park.

Reptar and Cyclone are still solid additions for what they are and when they were made.

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

Looks good but Dreamworld is still crap atm. The coaster lineup is an outdated looper, a poor man's Jet Rescue, some crappy kids coaster and this. 1 good Coaster in what's supposed to be the country's biggest theme park.

Reptar and Cyclone are still solid additions for what they are and when they were made.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tinter said:

We'll still see that old Arrow coaster around for many years to come. 

100%. This could very well be the last Arrow coaster that was built for our region in the world. It's got that old charm that Arrow used to romanticise with. This coaster could very well have a life span of 15+ years if looked after to the highest quality. 

42 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Yes- why wouldn’t it be?  It’s not the first coaster to be built locally using manufacturer specifications. Just because it has new trains does not intrinsically change the design and the fact that it was designed by Arrow Dynamics and built to Aussie specifications. 
This coaster may have got rougher over the years , especially since moving to Dreamworld, but it is actually passing into being a historical example of the ride type- especially in Australia. Let’s enjoy it for what it is. 👍

100%. It's a unique coaster from a former powerhouse in the industry. We should try to do what we can for it. 

• Like 1

There's plenty of older custom Arrow Loopers out there still operating in the world. Whilst it is the only one that has ever been relocated it would be a shame to lose a piece of history, the fact they've done a couple of big refurbs in recent years shows the park thinks it has a good amount of life left in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

There's plenty of older custom Arrow Loopers out there still operating in the world. Whilst it is the only one that has ever been relocated it would be a shame to lose a piece of history, the fact they've done a couple of big refurbs in recent years shows the park thinks it has a good amount of life left in it.

To be fair they did the same with Wipout... and that didnt last long.

24 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

They've also learned from Wipeout... that's literally what the last few comments have been about? 

Also no idea what other thread this could be posted but DW should probably have a quick look at the DreamWorks area for things to be cleaned up... before the ST opening 

image.thumb.png.f26f643e0d8a8117259835f00637e809.png

3 hours ago, Tinter said:

They've also learned from Wipeout... that's literally what the last few comments have been about? 

Also no idea what other thread this could be posted but DW should probably have a quick look at the DreamWorks area for things to be cleaned up... before the ST opening 

image.thumb.png.f26f643e0d8a8117259835f00637e809.png

I wouldn't want to face the wrath of Dreamworks if they saw that...

5 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Apples and oranges comparison. Wipeout was an unreliable ride type (that was one of 2 standing in the world at its closure with barely any spare parts around) that so many parks gave up on years ago. DW was lucky that ride was able to run as long as it did. Gold Coaster is the complete opposite, the ride is mechanically very simple and the layout isn't forceful enough to put much stress on the track compared to bigger rides of the same model. DW should be able to get 10 years out of it at a minimum if maintained correctly.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, westical said:

Is Escape from Madagascar actually crappy or are you just bagging it because it’s not a thrill ride?

Not to derail the topic completely, but I’ve often wondered if it could be retrofitted with the more modern Vekoma bucket seats with lap bars. It would eliminate the horrible shake it’s got and make it a really good family coaster.  

• Like 4

Next big DW ride project in my opinion...New Log Ride!

Incredibly popular and a quality water based ride is really lacking at the moment. [Same for Seaworld....particularly SEAWorld!]

I rekcon, they should pull the pin on the motorcoaster thing DW have had for years and build an Aussie "Splash Mountain" type attraction there! Gold Mine theming would be a nice return too.

Edited by RobMac

On 10/09/2021 at 6:12 PM, Slick said:

The 4K version is up.

A million, kajillion times better. Now that we've got a solid POV, can we confirm the rumour that this is running quicker than the OG Blue Fire in Germany?

I've seen some photos of it and the orange is just stunning against the blue sky. Also really keen to see it with the zero car on the front - the trains already look sexy AF.

Ive seen it mentioned before that you run this Ourworlds YouTube channel don’t you? 

If so, you have done a great job combining the two released pov’s. I assume that’s why you have plastered it with the Ourworlds logo everywhere?

2 hours ago, TimmyG said:

Ive seen it mentioned before that you run this Ourworlds YouTube channel don’t you? 

If so, you have done a great job combining the two released pov’s. I assume that’s why you have plastered it with the Ourworlds logo everywhere?

But hey, at least there's no music on it.

3 hours ago, TimmyG said:

I assume that’s why you have plastered it with the Ourworlds logo everywhere

What, as opposed to every other theme park related page that watermarks their logo on any content, half the time through the middle of the damn thing?

25 minutes ago, rappa said:

What, as opposed to every other theme park related page that watermarks their logo on any content, half the time through the middle of the damn thing?

Not limited to theme park groups. Main stream media do that as well. 
Slick has done a good job mixing both the audio and vision from the two pov’s and deserves to have his logo everywhere. Well done. Kudos. Cheers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

I thought it was vekoma??