Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

5 hours ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

It currently has a Vekoma train but the ride is Arrow. It's one of the final few Arrow Custom Loopers built.

Same Arrow chassis underneath with an updated fibreglass shell, speakers (lol) and new restraints that are modern spec.

It's also probably the nostalgia talking but the OG Cyclone trains were kickass, especially when the red lighting ran.

Speaking of trains, back on-topic, can't wait to see these trains with the zero-car attached to the front. The paint scheme on this Helix-style Mack trains is looking super badass in the light of day.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

It currently has a Vekoma train but the ride is Arrow. It's one of the final few Arrow Custom Loopers built.

Speaking of the trains, when I was there a couple of weeks ago, there was only 2 people on the ride. Last time they had a minimum of 6 to send the train for weight reasons.

When I asked, they said since Gold Coaster, the wheels and running gear was updated, so it now goes slightly faster, meaning it no longer has a minimum. I can say it is faster, can also say it rattles the brain harder than before 😁

53 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Taken this afternoon, no full circuits while I was in the park from 1:30-4:00pm

FF34F150-A5EE-4CDC-9F4A-108F9D1AEB9E.jpeg

Of all things, rocks?!

I mean, it does fit well with the ride next door...

2 minutes ago, deano554 said:

Dreamworld has raised their bar with theming and landscaping for the new Steel Taipan. 

Do you think the staff will have themed uniforms? And what Steel Taipan merchandise do you think Dreamworld will sell?

mmmm their is not exit through the gift shop?

A themed uniform would be cool.

Steel Taipan merchandise would probs be a snake soft toy, or Kenny and Belinda in some outback outfit/themed uniform (should ride staff wear one).

Given Rivals doesn't have an exit through a gift shop, Taipan having one won't be necessary.

12 hours ago, themagician said:

Has anyone noticed if they are testing everyday and are they regular? I remove Rivals would pump them out one after another for hours at a time 

I do believe the last time we saw coaster testing there was mention that the ride had to complete 100 cycles, or 100 hours, or some sort of milestone before it could carry people. or guests. or something like that.

Perhaps now they've completed their first runs they've got some running data to tweak things - change some wheels over to increase\decrease speeds, or perhaps they're waiting for the other train\spinner for the next tests?

They've got plenty of time, but I doubt we're seeing it these school holidays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

They've got plenty of time, but I doubt we're seeing it these school holidays.

Did Mack Rides tech's come out to Australia for commissioning and staff training? Perhaps this is their primary focus, so that they can fly home.

If maintenance is qualified on the operations, they could complete the fine tuning of the wheels themselves. 

4 hours ago, red dragin said:

Did Mack Rides tech's come out to Australia for commissioning and staff training? Perhaps this is their primary focus, so that they can fly home.

If maintenance is qualified on the operations, they could complete the fine tuning of the wheels themselves. 

Yes both Mack and Intrasys could be seen on site.

• Like 1

The spinning car will be mental, especially if Mack are allowing it to spin up the rear spike.. spinning airtime! I hope they don't neuter the spinning too much with the magnets. I think for a park reject, DW paid way too much for this (unless they are wrong, Wikipedia claim 32,000,000 USD)!, and for that insane money I would have much preferred a custom looper with much better drops and airtime, but hey, we are in OZ, and I'll take what I can get. I will be there day one to ride it.

48 minutes ago, pazzap said:

for a park reject,

By all accounts, the park couldn't make the payments rather than rejecting the ride. I don't think that should reflect poorly on the ride itself.

Not to mention, I believe it was just a SLOT they couldn't pay for. This ride design \ type \ special features weren't necessarily part of the previous agreement as far as i'm aware.

• Like 2

Wikipedia claim 32,000,000 USD

Seems like some seppo just changed the currency.

https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/with-new-steel-taipan-rollercoaster-approaching-completion-dreamworld-retires-its-buzzsaw-ride/

“since announcing plans for the park’s $32 million investment in the Steel Taipan rollercoaster, Dreamworld has planned to cease operations of BuzzSaw

So it would only be 23.3m USD.