Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

Given Dreamworld's clever signs reminding the guest of a ride closure due to maintenance (see below image), how do we think they'll advertise their temporary closure of Steel Taipan?

24480792_GiantDropMaintenance.JPG.6c37a9cefee1912c9826c40464319f41.JPG

A short 5 minute brainstorm led me to the following:

We've temporarily slithered into brumation. We'll be striking again sssoon.

Edited by Im Hungry
Giant Drop ride closure image from The Courier Mail

On 25/7/21 at 9:51 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'd have loved to have seen a 'scale' texture on the path - but probably a pretty tricky one to pull off well. 

Inland taipan - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

It’s all @DaptoFunlandGuy fault 😂 You shouldn’t have said you’d love to see a scale texture. 

But you were definitely right that it would be hard to pull off well

10 hours ago, themagician said:

Photos from TPSN

58ECE2A5-0B10-48A7-B05D-7C3D9230AFFE.jpeg

9A329D25-BBE1-4C42-BBEF-E7593818B2D6.jpeg

I mean - maybe I asked for this so I can't really complain. I can see what they were going for but the template edges have been done as straight lines so you can see the square borders too and that makes it look horrible. I want to hope this is a 'work in progress' and it isn't finished yet, but it looks like they've cleaned up so i'd say that's it. I don't know - at least they tried?

On a brighter note though - After thinking we were going to get plain black cyclone fencing, I want to say that the white\grey school fencing is a much nicer look.

Just now, themagician said:

It’s all @DaptoFunlandGuy fault 😂 You shouldn’t have said you’d love to see a scale texture. 

But you were definitely right that it would be hard to pull off well

I said TEXTURE! TEXTURE! Not painted dots!

texture is the perceived surface quality of a work of art. It is an element of two-dimensional and three-dimensional designs and is distinguished by its perceived visual and physical properties.

If not done on the ground, perhaps they could hire an art firm like Balarinji or a First Nations Artist to cover the wall (or most of it) of Sky Voyager?

Qantas have worked closely with Balarinji numerous times for its "Flying Art" series and it would be nice to see someone use the large canvas at Dreamworld too...

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

1 minute ago, Im Hungry said:

If not done on the ground, perhaps they could hire an art firm like Balarinji or a First Nations Artist to cover the wall (or most of it) of Sky Voyager?

Qantas have worked closely with Balarinji numerous times for its "Flying Art" series and it would be nice to see someone use the large canvas at Dreamworld too...

I'd love a mixture of this and a vertical garden, especially when it comes to hiding the Sky Voyager plant area.

• Love it! 1