Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

12 minutes ago, rappa said:

I feel this is just an extension of the back and forth pissing contest between a couple of park executives. 
“Oh you built a blue wipeout looking ride? Well now I’ll do textured pathways too”

'You built a ride with a spike.... i'll build one with twelve...."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, themagician said:

69AC972F-F4D1-498F-8383-2515E842EF85.jpeg

The queue is coming along quite nicely.

Does anyone know if they have or haven't installed any coloured/uncoloured floodlights along the track? It would be sweet to see it light up at night...

And on the topic of lights:

With the current lights installed along the ride entry and exit, I'd imagine when it comes to Dreamworld's night events that it'll be quite dark in those areas. Each light pole seems to be quite far from the next.

Edited by Im Hungry

3 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

Went for couple hours today, saw a few cycles so theyre getting them through. Im still so impressed with the area and how its turning out. Park was surprisingly quiet for school holidays, only 10 min waits for everything, think everyone must've been at WWW since the carpark was full and it was stinkin hot today.

Wait until NSW is allowed back in 😁

They were testing the MCBR today. Train came to a full stop on the MCBR and around 2 mins later the train slithered out.

Must I say that when the train left the MCBR, (although not surprising) it travelled concerningly slow - so slow it had the potential to valley anytime and anywhere throughout the second half of the course.

Also, a few staff members came forth and stated Taipan will undergo more frequent test runs next week.

I believe the reason for that is to start training the operations team whilst also familiarising them with its operations. Another point to keep in mind is the wheels begin to wear along the track, thus allowing the train to navigate along the track more quickly (I think). The opening crew have also been internally announced, so a congrats to those who got a position.

Edited by Im Hungry

Looking closely at the photos I took earlier today and a few things to point out 

6F6EA191-4033-4113-846D-AA689B68A338.thumb.jpeg.5ecc126c2a9689d5a6a0ad3b595d716a.jpeg

There’s still a couple more snake spine pieces to be installed. The seating is in the place. Looks like there will be grass laid to the back right to that seating. Hopefully they install some sheltering because it’s going to be very hot in the summer.

EBE872AD-BB7C-47E6-85BF-E670BC1AB04F.thumb.jpeg.382a1f626f686752baba85cd0a785016.jpeg

Water fountain to the left? Lighting and speakers around the queue in place. Interested to hear what sounds they play in this area

D751C22A-3241-44EC-8BB1-48785EBB679F.thumb.jpeg.f587b8f0ab79398d8e1b9c8296f8f0e0.jpeg

Theyve opted for rock through this path, so unfortunately no plants/trees. That’s disappointing.

14576E72-7ACE-44DF-90B7-419B8CD50FBC.jpeg.69a3228274488893b6be469c8f826419.jpeg

Themed bin at the back?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, themagician said:

Looking closely at the photos I took earlier today and a few things to point out 

D751C22A-3241-44EC-8BB1-48785EBB679F.thumb.jpeg.f587b8f0ab79398d8e1b9c8296f8f0e0.jpeg

Theyve opted for rock through this path, so unfortunately no plants/trees. That’s disappointing.

I mean, it matches the rocks currently beside the building that houses the Giant Drop.

22 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

They were testing the MCBR today. Train came to a full stop on the MCBR and around 2 mins later the train slithered out.

Must I say that when the train left the MCBR, (although not surprising) it travelled concerningly slow - so slow it had the potential to valley anytime and anywhere throughout the second half of the course.

Also, a few staff members came forth and stated Taipan will undergo more frequent test runs next week.

I believe the reason for that is to start training the operations team whilst also familiarising them with its operations. Another point to keep in mind is the wheels begin to wear along the track, thus allowing the train to navigate along the track more quickly (I think). The opening crew have also been internally announced, so a congrats to those who got a position.

Didn't @DaptoFunlandGuy figure out there was no MCBR? 

On 25/09/2021 at 6:17 PM, Im Hungry said:

[snip]

The train without the spinning rear carriage will be 'worn in' long before the other. It's not been sighted yet, has it?

1 hour ago, Whombex said:

The train without the spinning rear carriage will be 'worn in' long before the other. It's not been sighted yet, has it?

The train without the spinning carriage remains present on the track.

The train with the spinning carriage is still nowhere to be seen.

I assume once Dreamworld start testing the ride themselves, we'll see the train with the spinning carriage.

And given that from sometime this week or next week testing will rapidly increase and be more frequent, perhaps we may even see the spinner slither on track for some high-capacity two-train operations soon after.

Design looks great! Its so good to see some effort go in to presentation. I was hoping for a little more theming around the track itself, a few more rock tunnels and obstacles throughout. Was a missed opportunity to have the ST go underground for a section seen as its a characteristics of coastal and inland taipans. 

4 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

Looks like the spinning train is going to make an appearance today.

5B24A385-4C77-4B7D-800B-57A6CE0FB268.thumb.jpeg.fd0c4d0c5354c39a6b0cbfa52142dfe5.jpeg

Spin to win.

Actually there's an idea. Have a giant wheel of fortune where you spin to win a free ride in the spinning seats.

Kind of like how at Cedar Point you play plinko to get FastLane passes for Dragster.

5 hours ago, New display name said:

@Im HungryYou can definitely not see any friction brake to bring the train to a complete stop.

nope.thumb.JPG.721ea2553e1818cb0a233e37529270bc.JPG

I know :) 

When it was testing, the ride came to (what appeared to be) a stop with the help of the LSMs anyways. Maybe it explains the reason for why it took so long to slither out of it.

Not to say we'll ever see it happen with real passengers, but it did stop or roll for 2 - 3 minutes on the MCBR.

Edited by Im Hungry

On 26/09/2021 at 7:30 PM, pin142 said:

Probably still programmed as one. Don't see the point of changing the brake type especially when it means if something happens between mid and final brake the other train has somewhere to stop safely.

The brake type wasn't changed.  Mack only didn't install the final friction brake.  $

I think you will find the train will clear the final brake before a new train is launched.