Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

28 minutes ago, New display name said:

Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D

You don't think DC is insisting how these rides are named?

The name of the attraction at Movie World is officially now just "Justice League 3D - The Ride" so apparently not, or they don't mind the simplification of it years after opening. I highly doubt they insist it has "The Ride" in the title though unless they are also selling a 3D film to Theme Parks called that which I can't find any evidence of.

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

Since Hot Wheels is a sponsorship requirement, and honestly not that much of a mouthful anyway, why bother changing Sidewinder to Racer?

At least it wasn't Hot Wheels Sidewinder Rollercoaster, or Hot Wheels Sidewinder Looper.

ehhh. Its a syllable shorter. its snappier, punchier. 

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Hotwheels Racer.    Whats the point of the name change?

Since it isn't hot wheels anymore, its a moot point, but my argument is they should have gone with a shorter name from the beginning. I'm not saying to change it (and its too late now) i'm saying these long names should never exist in the first pla

20 hours ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

I don't hate the name Tailwhip or even Tailwhip 360⁰ but it doesn't need the spinning seat in my eyes. My guess is they included that so people didn't get confused it was a completely different attraction.

In their defence, Tailwhip by itself sounds extremely similar to another ride at DW

It's quite a considerable walk before you reach the physical queue line. I assume they'll install more rails and steel bars down from where it currently ends to the start of the ramp?

And from what I'm seeing, are there four queue lines when you reach load? In no particular order; Q1 for main, Q2 for single riders, Q3 for Tailwhip and Q4 for Ride Express?

Also, there's a new billboard advertising Steel Taipan if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

The amount of queue rails that you see is final. The photos don’t really capture it well because of how long of path it is, but there is quite a lot of queue area. 

Greg explained how the queues work and why they are laid out this way. It’s basically designed to be flexible and interchangeable depending on crowd levels. It does become 4 queues at the top. Which are for the 4 purposes as you listed. 

4 hours ago, themagician said:

C8C70429-60C8-42A8-97D5-FF675E2B6809.thumb.jpeg.e6def1b9186b026db48bc71f1372b287.jpeg

The left and right sides go all the way to the station. The left one however does split into the 3 at the top. Which I’d imagine could be express, single and spinning. The right one I see as being the main queue. The railings you see in the middle are to extend the normal queue is needed. Roughly this is how it’s laid out (numbers I’ve written don’t relate to @Im Hungry numbers)

858B0380-6919-4388-80BC-256283618113.jpeg

• Like 1

On 01/08/2020 at 6:54 PM, Retardent said:

1967469402_ScreenShot2020-08-01at6_29_27pm.thumb.jpg.ce94c0931b925f6ed9af10d56cef2d88.jpg

1 hour ago, themagician said:

The amount of queue rails that you see is final. The photos don’t really capture it well because of how long of path it is, but there is quite a lot of queue area. 

Greg explained how the queues work and why they are laid out this way. It’s basically designed to be flexible and interchangeable depending on crowd levels. It does become 4 queues at the top. Which are for the 4 purposes as you listed. 

The left and right sides go all the way to the station. The left one however does split into the 3 at the top. Which I’d imagine could be express, single and spinning. The right one I see as being the main queue. The railings you see in the middle are to extend the normal queue is needed. Roughly this is how it’s laid out (numbers I’ve written don’t relate to @Im Hungry numbers)

858B0380-6919-4388-80BC-256283618113.jpeg

Interesting to see the queue rails are aligned as they are. I fully understand the design of the queue itself, it was just a small part of me was wondering if it'll extend over the length of the entire ramp and take the appearance of what was displayed on the tender. The queue does look nice tho I must say. Such a shame the walls don't give any view of the launch.

Walking up the path you do get a view of the launch most of the way. When in the queue, the wall does have gaps so you do get teases of the launch while in the queue. And of course you can hear it. I see as a way of building anticipation before riding. You know it’s there, you’ll hear the screams/cheers of riders and adds to the excitement of what’s to come.

• Like 1

It’s a really good move by them to be inviting people with a following on social media. I said a few months ago this happens with most new rides in America these days, and it really helps grow excitement around the ride. 

@themagician How many others were with you? + Did they mention or invite you to a media day on a future date? 

3 hours ago, themagician said:

@xRazzBerryx just me and I have been invited/attended a few media events already this year 

Oh wow, lucky you! 😲

I thought they would have invited a group of people off social media to attend, but maybe they’re waiting until media day. 

If I were dreamworld, I would be inviting the likes of Jaggs Journeys, Destination D&D, TPSN & of course Richard.. just to name a few. 
Heck, even any influences that live GC/Brisbane & have a solid following. The more the better I say. 

Also, will be interesting if it will be held at day or night, as DC Rivals was held at night if I’m correct? 

1 hour ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Oh wow, lucky you! 😲

I thought they would have invited a group of people off social media to attend, but maybe they’re waiting until media day. 

If I were dreamworld, I would be inviting the likes of Jaggs Journeys, Destination D&D, TPSN & of course Richard.. just to name a few. 
Heck, even any influences that live GC/Brisbane & have a solid following. The more the better I say. 

Also, will be interesting if it will be held at day or night, as DC Rivals was held at night if I’m correct? 

I'm sure noah.creative on tiktok fits your criteria as stated above, but not too sure if they'll invite him. I mean, his drone content was featured on a Qantas ad but the airline decided to scrap the project altogether - the ad never took off.

Won't be surprised if Trav (aka OzThrills) makes an appearance there too.

Edited by Im Hungry

Possibly...

Soft open late-November/early or mid-December, then officially open late-December during their "best summer ever".

Once Happy Halloween concludes, we'll hopefully see sneak peeks of the new Dreamworld Express, the final teasers of Steel Taipan, and the announcement of Dreamworld's plans for the summer holidays.

Edited by Im Hungry

Judging from that image, it does look a little unfinished. And the space is very open, making it feel like things are missing. Perhaps when it opens and there's guests roaming throughout, it'll look better than it is now.

I still can't get over how far queue railings are. It looks as if it won't hold as many people as the queue for Rivals or even Superman. I'd love to see an extension to the bottom of the ramp, given how empty it looks too (adding ride information signs there would probably improve the space a little).

Also, the lead up to queue line seems to get a good view of the ride envelope. Intriguing seeing how close the brake run is to the physical queue line itself.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

I like the queue better than Rivals but the missing PVC shade sails makes it look unfinished.  @themagicianis this the final show?

There will be more shading to come around the area, particularly around the spaces where there is seating. It just hasn’t been installed yet.