Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

No @Naazon  I'm saying "if" ST was required to be built to a cyclone wind speed it would probably already exceed the requirements.

There is no reason for ST to meet Cyclone ratings because requirements start at 25deg longitude “Bundaberg.  Anything below that that is non-cyclonic.

Edited by New display name

16 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

It was confirmed that they managed to pick up a parks lead time with Mack as they normally have long lead times on projects. The coaster was not already manufactured or designed. They picked the design. The footings being like that would 100% be to save money. 

This is exactly what I am saying! Yet people keep thinking it was fabbed and sitting in an Asian park before being shipped here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

All coasters/rides or buildings for that matter are designed to be able to withstand a 1 in 100 year weather event. Which is cyclone etc. this is part of the Australian Standards building codes. 

How many cyclones does Victory get?

Edited by New display name

5 hours ago, New display name said:

That is not what people are thinking.

Here's the most recent example

On 26/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Whombex said:

Maybe at this part of Blue Fire, it's the same elevation as the rest of the ride, and DW bought off-the-plan?
Concrete raisers are cheaper than custom supports?

4 hours ago, Slick said:

I personally feel this way about the launch - I think the largest missing Steel Taipan will have on launch will be the lack of anything to build anticipation from the station to the launch, despite having the cost-savings to do it. I don't think it needed to be a 1:1 Blue Fire pre-launch with animatronics etc. but having a tunnel in the similar style of the other rock-work to hide the switch track combined with some audio effects and mist would've absolutely made all the difference.

I agree. The whole triple launch thing is weird to me, I'd never even heard of this as a thing until this coaster was announced and to a lot of people who aren't familiar with roller coasters they're going to think something is wrong with the ride seeing that it needs to go back and forth to get the speed to go over the main hill and complete the course. Hiding that all in a tunnel have been a lot cooler both in preserving the illusion of what the ride was doing and making the experience more exciting for the rider.

23 hours ago, JoshiYomanto said:

people keep thinking it was fabbed and sitting in an Asian park before being shipped here.

16 hours ago, JoshiYomanto said:

Though if you'd like a more close to home example...

Nobody thinks it was sitting in Asia.  NOBODY.

It doesn't matter what language you speak nobody is saying it was sitting in Asia.

Niemand denkt, dass es auf asiatisch saß. NIEMAND.

Personne ne pense qu'il était assis en asiatique. PERSONNE.

没有人认为他坐在亚洲。任何

아무도 그것이 아시아에 앉아 있었다고 생각하지 않습니다. 아무도.

Никто не думает, что он сидел на азиатском языке. НИКТО.

لا أحد يعتقد أنه كان يجلس في آسي.

لا أحد.

कोई नहीं सोचता कि यह एशियाई में बैठा था। कोई नहीं।

Nadie piensa que estaba sentado en Asia. NADIE.

Nessuno pensa che fosse seduto in asiatico. NESSUNO.

It could be cost.

It could be due to time constraints.

It could be due to it was going to another theme park.

We are just giving “possible” reasons.  Nothing more.

They said a "manufacturing slot has opened up". meaning Mack was probably offering a discount for someone how wanted a coster sooner rather than waiting in the queue for later. This coaster was designed and manufactured for dreamworld. It just so happens that the "slot" was originally for an Asian Themepark NOT the coaster itself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I agree. The whole triple launch thing is weird to me, I'd never even heard of this as a thing until this coaster was announced and to a lot of people who aren't familiar with roller coasters they're going to think something is wrong with the ride seeing that it needs to go back and forth to get the speed to go over the main hill and complete the course. Hiding that all in a tunnel have been a lot cooler both in preserving the illusion of what the ride was doing and making the experience more exciting for the rider.

There was already a star trek triple launched Mack at Movie Park Germany.

star trek operation overdrive - Picture of Movie Park Germany, Bottrop -  Tripadvisor

Pantheon at Busch Gardens Willamsburg was announced pre covid.

Pantheon Arriving at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2020 - Coaster101

Perhaps less known, but still predating DC Rivals was Soaring with Dragon.

image.thumb.png.658539efe0e2ffc45f1f5909f13d662b.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, New display name said:

Nobody thinks it was sitting in Asia.  NOBODY.

It doesn't matter what language you speak nobody is saying it was sitting in Asia.

Niemand denkt, dass es auf asiatisch saß. NIEMAND.

Personne ne pense qu'il était assis en asiatique. PERSONNE.

没有人认为他坐在亚洲。任何

아무도 그것이 아시아에 앉아 있었다고 생각하지 않습니다. 아무도.

Никто не думает, что он сидел на азиатском языке. НИКТО.

لا أحد يعتقد أنه كان يجلس في آسي.

لا أحد.

कोई नहीं सोचता कि यह एशियाई में बैठा था। कोई नहीं।

Nadie piensa que estaba sentado en Asia. NADIE.

Nessuno pensa che fosse seduto in asiatico. NESSUNO.

It could be cost.

It could be due to time constraints.

It could be due to it was going to another theme park.

We are just giving “possible” reasons.  Nothing more.

You know you're wrong so you try being pedantic. Just take the L and agree that you also said it wasn't originally designed for DW which implies that it was designed for another park and then bought as is.