Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

Exit shops have becoming a dying concept on the GC. With Scooby, WWF and GL being the only attractions left with them. Scooby’s is only open during peak periods and some weekends. I’d say the only one left that does well for sales is GLs because of its location 

WWF does really well too, I often see someone at the counter.

And what's so good about the WWF shop? 

Uniqueness. That store (apart from the same old crap you see in many of the gift shops) has a few very unique items you can only get in that store, and its well worth the visit just for those alone. 

It's something I remember well from my trip to Disneyland in the 90's to when I visited in 2013 - the difference between unique items you couldn't find anywhere else, compared to the same spirit jersey, shirt, keyring and drink bottle you see on main street. 

I remember buying shirts in Movie World a while back and they had a 3 for $xx. I found a shirt i liked in one store, and another in another store, and i asked the cashier if they were part of the same deal. They asked which ones I liked, then sent me to the department store which had all 3. Merch shops should offer something different, but relevant. Parks used to sell merch unique to each land (which I guess is what Wild West is, even if its only 1 ride) - now its all the same stuff, in bulk, and just spread out to fill gaps (with some minor changes in each).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, themagician said:

Every store should sell different items, otherwise what’s the point of all the different stores 

image.thumb.png.c8c9b132ed2735f440de07095441aa28.png

Perhaps to go along with the common uninforms, and the Village Bean coffee shops, they could have "Village Gifts" for every shop now 🤪

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, themagician said:

What they sell inside is the same as almost all the other stores.

The last time I was in there - which admittedly was a few months ago, they had some very unique items. I don't recall seeing the same merch anywhere else - most other stores are loaded with looney tunes and DC characters, neither of which really fit Wild West. 

Top of my head, i'm remembering Akubra style hats, a wine bottle holder shaped like a cowboy boot, and other similar 'western' themed goods.

It may have changed I suppose but it wasn't that long ago that I was in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The last time I was in there - which admittedly was a few months ago, they had some very unique items. I don't recall seeing the same merch anywhere else - most other stores are loaded with looney tunes and DC characters, neither of which really fit Wild West. 

Top of my head, i'm remembering Akubra style hats, a wine bottle holder shaped like a cowboy boot, and other similar 'western' themed goods.

It may have changed I suppose but it wasn't that long ago that I was in there.

You are correct, I was there a month ago and most of the items sold in WWF shop are only sold there as It’s mainly just western items.

• Like 1

Is the WWF shop people are talking about named Rio Bravo Outfitters?

1 hour ago, Rabbit2014 said:

You are correct, I was there a month ago and most of the items sold in WWF shop are only sold there as It’s mainly just western items.

Is there a secret way to get to the shop?  I’m only asking because every time I have been to MW since WWF went under maintenance the street was blocked off and I can’t get anywhere near WWF.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, New display name said:

Is the WWF shop people are talking about named Rio Bravo Outfitters?

Is there a secret way to get to the shop?  I’m only asking because every time I have been to MW since WWF went under maintenance the street was blocked off and I can’t get anywhere near WWF.

No, WWF shop is only opened when ride is open

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

I'm curious but does the WWF shop carry the Rimmers Western stuff seen at AOS.

Ringers Western? 

I think they were a sponsor of AOS - (replacement for RM Williams at one point I believe) but not sure if they still are. Honestly can't recall if they do or not, but it'd be a no-brainer corporate supply decision to stock the same stuff as AOS in West's store - fits the theme well enough, offers the sponsor another 'outlet' to sell their stuff (to a wider audience too) - so I wouldn't be surprised if they did...

ETA: boy that was hard to find!

So it doesn't look like Ringers is still a corporate partner - there's no mention of them anywhere. 

Corporate Partners | Australian Outback Spectacular

(Partnership first announced in 2017 - Australian Outback Spectacular & Ringers Western partnership - Theme Park Discussion - Parkz Forums - Theme Park Community)

They can’t test ST while BuzzSaw is being removed due to their close proximity. And they have timed the removal of BS with the end of Mach initial testing. So while ST is sitting there waiting to receive operational approval (or whatever it is they require from the government), they are removing BS.

• Like 1