Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

49 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Nice try attempting to imply the vax rules were to blame, when many facilities are doing christmas staff drives

I didn't say or didn't imply it was the only reason, but that it would certainly be a contributing factor. You've just decided to take a negative implication to my statement as you disagree with it. 

I work in hospitality/entertainment, 95% of contractors who work for me are between 20 and 35 - and as of the 17th of December i have to stand for 42% of my work base. Speaking to others in the entertainment arena - numbers are very similar. 

45 minutes ago, joz said:

I mean even if it's only 10% of staff, that would blow a huge hole in their rosters. I'm sure they would have been hiring anyway, but you have to bury your head in the sand pretty deep to imply that it isn't a huge factor in their hiring right now.

Absolutely and that was my point.  10% of a 800+ person workforce is a large number.

18 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think 10% is being extraordinarily generous

i think 10% may be underplaying it. 

there is still over 900,000 people in Qld who have no had a single covid vax - its you estimate that those people are equivalently spread based on population densities - the biggest majority would be in SE QLD. 

Edited by Brad2912

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Speaking to others in the entertainment arena - numbers are very similar. 

Thats interesting because certainly in the theatrical (commercial) and technical production side of entertainment I’d say 99% of people have had both jabs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rappa said:

Thats interesting because certainly in the theatrical (commercial) and technical production side of entertainment I’d say 99% of people have had both jabs. 

Technical I’d agree from what I have seen as they have little to no choice - I’m talking artists, emcees, comedians, actors, presenters 

5 hours ago, YassssQueen said:

I have unfortunately had to leave my job due to not being vaccinated. No I didn’t work at Dreamworld and no I don’t blame them since it’s a government decision but yes a lot of people have lost their livelihood due to the tyrannical government mandating potential poison. 

So when do we deploy?

miss gurl.jpg

5 hours ago, YassssQueen said:

I have unfortunately had to leave my job due to not being vaccinated. No I didn’t work at Dreamworld and no I don’t blame them since it’s a government decision but yes a lot of people have lost their livelihood due to the tyrannical government mandating potential poison. 

Solid first post i must say.

• Like 1

Unrelated to Taipan (except for the Tailwhip seats), it's good to see other parks already opting in for the HybridTrain upgrade:

Enso_logo-768x222.thumb.png.e4f29d95a586f20970eaedcfc54d9ed0.png

Enso.thumb.png.d00812b21cdd191d018304b894a4bc85.png

"ICON with a twist

The UK’s first and only double-launch rollercoaster ICON is getting twisted this/next Summer with ENSŌ. In a first for Europe, ICON’s rear seats have been adapted so that riders can spin and twist freely during the ride’s existing thrilling duration.

ICON’s exhilarating high-speed accelerations, electrifying twists and turns and heart-stopping interactions will all be turned up to a whole new level by ENSŌ.

ICON launches riders with the same acceleration as a Formula One car, rising and swooping through numerous interactions with other rides before hitting a second launch which powers riders high above Blackpool Pleasure Beach. ENSŌ magnifies these thrills and creates a whole new experience for those who dare to get twisted.

ENSŌ is a sacred symbol in Zen Buddhism meaning circle, or sometimes, circle of togetherness. It is traditionally drawn using only one brushstroke as a meditative practice in letting go of the mind and allowing the body to create, as the singular brushstroke allows for no modifications.

Like the symbol, it is named after, once you climb aboard the ride, clear your mind and allow your body to experience the intense, thrilling experiences of ENSŌ.

Dare to get twisted!"

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/icon/

Edited by Im Hungry

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

take this with a grain of salt but i’ve heard the starting price for the spinning seats will be around roughly $20, i hope this either isn’t true or the price goes down over time🥲

its definitely going to have an upcharge like DC rivals backwards seats. I was expecting about $15

• Like 1