Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I saw from somewhere that the clue for the Trick or Treating station at BuzzSaw reffered BuzzSaw as something that sounds like a bee and that it can saw a tree down or something. Maybe BuzzSaw will be rethemed to something like that. It would also kind of make sense to retheme the ride with that subject if the new coaster is called “Steel Taipan”.

3 minutes ago, gavinfulikes said:

Well.... yeah! But I was thinking more of BuzzSaw getting more of a outback theme to replace its original Gold Rush Mill theme.

Your original post refers to the name changing to reflect the riddle/clue, the answer to which is BuzzSaw. 

what outback theme are you speaking of? Steel Taipan doesn’t scream “outback theme” so why would BuzzSaw be re-themed to it? To be honest, BuzzSaw basically is an outback theme.. more so than a Steel Taipan anyway..

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Your original post refers to the name changing to reflect the riddle/clue, the answer to which is BuzzSaw. 

what outback theme are you speaking of? Steel Taipan doesn’t scream “outback theme” so why would BuzzSaw be re-themed to it? To be honest, BuzzSaw basically is an outback theme.. more so than a Steel Taipan anyway..

Outback is probably the wrong word, they both sound a bit like a rustic Australiana theme.....A bit like what places such as Aussie World and Gumbuya try to do.

Put it this way, if Goldrush and Rocky Hollow still existed, something called Steel Taipan would not look out of place.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smol bean said:

That’s great for the workers and the economy since the ride opens during the long school holidays it will do really well and help the economy out here

It will be great for the jobs that come from building the coaster but let’s hope there are no delays in the next 12months, if it does open chrismas 2021. Last few new rides to open in Qld all missed there planned opening dates.

Edited by Rabbit2014

On 07/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, Jay Jay The Jet Plane said:

Important information in that article

• Construction to begin next week 

• Ready in Christmas 2021 - project will take twelve months to complete 

• Project will generate $15 million in contractor works and will employ more than 200 jobs - 

By "separate spinning gondola" I assume they're just talking about the spinning car at the back, a la Time Traveler's whole train, or I have missed something?

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic