Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

17 minutes ago, gavinfulikes said:

Greg Yong says Steel Taipan has 3.6g, Parkz says it has 4.6g, the website says it has 3.8g and 3.5g why can’t we all agree on the g force of Steel Taipan

I've always felt it's super arbitrary to begin with. Most governments set limits these days on what's allowed, and ride makers are able to design all of their coasters to come right up to the limit. To me it's a bit like saying a car's got a "V6" - it's nice but ultimately it's a laymen's indicator of "good."

Edited by Slick

Weather, train load, track warmth and a bunch of other variables would also play a role into how fast and intense a ride is throughout the course of the ride. A very minor role, but enough to swing the numbers ever so slightly that it would probably account for all these different numbers. 

Edited by Slick

4 minutes ago, TomiJ said:

the comments on your vid. Brutal.

Oof to a lot of those. It seems that some of the general public can't get past what happened several years and whilst I think it's perfectly reasonable to have some healthy scepticism towards the park, I don't think it's fair to still hold it over them after they've done so much to improve. I guess first impressions are the most lasting. 

35 minutes ago, Slick said:

Weather, train load, track warmth and a bunch of other variables would also play a role into how fast and intense a ride is throughout the course of the ride. A very minor role, but enough to swing the numbers ever so slightly that it would probably account for all these different numbers. 

It's also missing a lot of LSMs so maybe the original concept was going to push the train further up the hill on the first launch.  

cave.thumb.JPG.adcc0edd2ff9dda8cb418e0ab0521430.JPG

4 minutes ago, Gazza said:

The idea is that its a triple launch, so it only needs 1/3 the LSMs so you use each one three times instead of once.

I'm talking about the original design.  The spec sheet Mack provided to DW might have been before it was changed to what DW wanted. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TomiJ said:

@Coasterlife the comments on your vid. Brutal.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJwEGNLU/

*sigh. so sick of all these thoosie pages uploading a copy of the video with their own text or logo over the top without so much as even attributing the original source making it look like its "their vid". At least OurWorlds includes attribution.

2 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

25C848FD-2FE6-455A-BB29-E31D33CFE460.thumb.jpeg.1ce2072fad2d52ea6d12fc4eee0b27f4.jpeg

Well... I guess we all know what that last rock mesh was for...

3 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

it’s a 3D sign for once

*Shots fired at Movie World lol.

• Like 2