Fully6 - WhiteWater World's new slide tower

Tim Dasco

So with the new slide tower announced for WWW today here is a dedicated thread for the slide.

No opening dates were given however if ground work has started now I assume there is no reason we can’t see the slide tower opening by Boxing Day this year. (If they submit paper work on time)

With the coaster launching in 2020.

Edited by Slick

Todays Bulletin describes "the installation of multi coloured natural lighting effects".

Sounds like the shade cloth has been purchased from Bunnings and is on its way! No mention of the seating at this point, but the report does say this is stage one, so it's probably fair to assume the seating will be installed in stage 2.

8 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

"the installation of multi coloured natural lighting effects".

Sounds like the shade cloth has been purchased from Bunnings and is on its way!

Actually, this is when the slide has translucent rings in the fibreglass to create an interesting effect inside.

Related image

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

The monkey in the room needs to come out.  

Is DW installing local council pool quality slides?

Skeet says yes.

Yeah but if local pools are putting in these, anything is local pool quality these days.

Image result for frankston parc aquasphere

Anyhow, yay, bodyslides, the Whitewater Rapids slides at WnW are always popular.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Skeeta said:

The monkey in the room needs to come out.  

Is DW installing local council pool quality slides?

Skeet says yes.

Well DW doesn't have any good body slides that don't cut your back so Ardent is patching up a rather obvious hole in their lineup. Local pool slides have really stepped up a notch in the last few years too. Any body slide these days could be considered 'local council' material.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Todays Bulletin describes "the installation of multi coloured natural lighting effects".

Sounds like the shade cloth has been purchased from Bunnings and is on its way! No mention of the seating at this point, but the report does say this is stage one, so it's probably fair to assume the seating will be installed in stage 2.

Come on man......this is meant to be a positive occasion for Dreamworld. It doesnt need to be tarnished just yet.

Edited by Jobe

12 hours ago, Skeeta said:

The good old bodyslide is underdone a great deal at waterparks.  Bring back the days where is was ok to 8 chain a waterslide.

Ahhh, those were the days...though I daresay I was lucky not to come away with some neck damage after slamming into a group blocking up the slide to build pressure more than once!

I get the feeling there were a few operators at that particular park (the long gone Willows Water World, for any of you that may know it) that weren't too fond of a few of us unruly teenagers! Lol

• Like 2

Polin slides are popular in Australia thanks to Swimplex Aquatics (Australian providers). They helped with the construction of a new water park in Sydney 1/2 years ago and recently an expansion of that park. The slides are a little cheaper but the build quality is still high. They use a lot of translucent sections on some parts.

Swimplex is from Coffs Harbour, so it won't be a big journey for the crew anyway.  Hopefully, soon we see the tower construction start.

• Like 3

@Tim Dasco I know that has been an issue in the past resulting in some "shaving" being conducted mainly on the joints. Let's hope they measure twice and cut once this time. I think this is the company's second time working with a major theme park. I only know of WnW Syd using Swimplex when they used to look after the surf machine.

100%. I know the ones at Fairfield in Sydney are fine. They know what they are doing. I know one of the slides at the Big Banana was rough for a short time but they sorted it out. These slides are going to be a nice addition to the park I must say. They'll be a good bunch of slides to soak up (pardon the pun) the crowds on busy days.