Fully6 - WhiteWater World's new slide tower

Tim Dasco

The only thing I don't like about Polin is they have an over reliance on just doing helixes, and helixes become a bit boring once you get past about 540 degrees because you are stuck in a fixed turning position.

If you look at Proslides stuff, its a lot more fluid and more directional changes that keep it exciting

Image result for gumbuya water park expansion

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Yeah I mean it's not a bad addition at all, and normies aren't going to be as clinical as you or I. It definitely looks fun and twisty enough to captivate visitors, and will look good in marketing materials and to motorists going past.

Joe and family won't realise the massive difference. Given how landlocked the water park is this really is the only major thing they can do currently. 

4 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Joe and family won't realise the massive difference. 

Joe and family always notice.   It’s these 1%ers that Ardent believe people don’t care about is what got DW in the poohole in the first place.  People notice a diesel train.  People notice a Log ride with a roof.  People notice the cinema façade getting destroyed.  People noticed Wipeout removal.  People notice when the Vintage cars was moved.  People notice when rides are down for maintenance.

If you don’t think Joe and family notice you should apply to work for Ardent. 

6 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Joe and family always notice.   It’s these 1%ers that Ardent believe people don’t care about is what got DW in the poohole in the first place.  People notice a diesel train.  People notice a Log ride with a roof.  People notice the cinema façade getting destroyed.  People noticed Wipeout removal.  People notice when the Vintage cars was moved.  People notice when rides are down for maintenance.

If you don’t think Joe and family notice you should apply to work for Ardent. 

I was merely meaning they won't notice about the difference between manufacturers and what they offer. If I didn't think Joe & family wouldn't notice then I need to leave the industry asap after being in it over a decade.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Call me old but I remember the day when you had to pack a snack for the walk to the top of the slide.

Ok. You're Old.

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

@Skeeta you still can at adventure world and Jamberoo.

And Wet N Wild - White Water Mountain (or whatever they call it now) is a bloody adventure to the top!

• Like 1

@joz You can still get towers like this from ProSlide or White Water West. But don’t get me wrong this slide tower will overall help give WWW a boast over WNW with something new and impressive visually to look at. While it is a cheaper company but considering everything else that’s been built or is being built I don’t think we can complain. It adds some much needed capacity to the park.

• Like 2

Can see it being a great addition. Recently went to Waterbom in Bali, and the few towers that had 4+ slides kept my attention for so long.

Go on one, oh I wonder what the other ones are like, an hour later and you've finally experienced them all. It draws you in and keeps you coming back. I'm looking forward to them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jakev8 said:

Definitely the prefect slides to add to WWW but Just curious will they be adding weight scales to these slides too?

Scales are usually only required when there is a chance of valleying, or if the rafts are very weight limited. Many group raft slides have a weight limit (see Kamikaze for example) but they don't actually weigh you.

Aqualoop can valley if there is insufficient weight, and I'm thinking the drop chutes might also require one if the drop panel has a limit (which makes sense). If Wedgie also has scales then that would be the reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Scales are usually only required when there is a chance of valleying, or if the rafts are very weight limited. Many group raft slides have a weight limit (see Kamikaze for example) but they don't actually weigh you.

Aqualoop can valley if there is insufficient weight, and I'm thinking the drop chutes might also require one if the drop panel has a limit (which makes sense). If Wedgie also has scales then that would be the reason.

Manufacturers are recommending scales be used these days for two reasons. One stops valleying and secondly, it ensures the raft can stop in a safe manner in the run-out or splashdown pool. 

While it is not compulsory for water parks to do such a thing it is becoming much more common. Mainly due to insurance reasons

How does the queue logistics work with 6 slides on the one tower? I assume there is only 1 staircase to the top of the tower? 

So is it just a single queue that forms and it is pot luck which slide you get to ride when you reach your turn, where they point you to the first available slide? If you want to wait for a specific slide, but multiple people are already waiting for the same slide and multiple people already waiting on each of the other slides, the queue could could get very messy.

Or are there mini queues at the the top of the tower assigned to each slide, that 4 or 5 people could wait in and you just join that back of the mini queue when directed for the slide you wish to ride? And you just let people past who want to ride other slides.

4 minutes ago, yaark said:

How does the queue logistics work with 6 slides on the one tower? I assume there is only 1 staircase to the top of the tower? 

So is it just a single queue that forms and it is pot luck which slide you get to ride when you reach your turn, where they point you to the first available slide? If you want to wait for a specific slide, but multiple people are already waiting for the same slide and multiple people already waiting on each of the other slides, the queue could could get very messy.

Or are there mini queues at the the top of the tower assigned to each slide, that 4 or 5 people could wait in and you just join that back of the mini queue when directed for the slide you wish to ride? And you just let people past who want to ride other slides.

I assume it will be just like the River Rapids queue at WNW 

Mini queue at the top of the tower 

I'm certain that they will install 6 individual staircases. Due to space limitations, one of the staircases will be built on the other side of the wavepool. In order to reach the new tower, guests will need to ride a zipline across the wavepool. Due to weight restrictions for the zipline, riders must be more than 72kgs, and less than 74kgs, and be wearing blue swimwear.

I think that, as has been suggested, this tower will become a huge destination and crowd soaker for the park.  The fact that there are 6 body slides means that this will certainly attract people  wanting to try all 6 of the slides.- expect this to be very popular!

Its great to see a body slide of this stature come back into vogue- no lugging mats or rafts to ride. Every park needs a selection of these type of slides and these look very well presented.

Looking through the Polin website, they certainly do offer an excellent variety of installations and are a good alternative to Pro-Slide or Whitewater West.  Canny move by Dreamworld to go with Polin ( for what ever the motivation is- I am betting price was a big factor). Its good to see a water park mix up their offerings so that they do not become a poster catalogue for one manufacturer (which WWW had drawn criticism  for being previously.)

Polin's Australian partner Swimplex Aquatics must be absolutely chuffed with this announcement and their recent installations around the nation. This will be their first foray into a major theme park in Australia and I am betting that it will not be there last!!!

• Like 1