Fully6 - WhiteWater World's new slide tower

Tim Dasco

23 hours ago, AlexB said:

Hopefully it'll just be like whitewater mountain - get to the top and then split off to the one you want to ride - it's not like Green Room and Wedgie where very different groups are the target - they're all fairly similar, and most people are going to want to ride each one so it should even things out - people will just line up behind whichever queue is the shortest.

I hope this too, but I don’t think the top platform will be big enough for that many switchbacks. But maybe they will split the stairs in half, three slides one side, three the other with signage at the bottom saying what side is what and at the top they will have very small queue areas for each slide

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting a switchback setup like whitewater mountain, I realise there isn't enough space for that - but the throughput of this, and the fact that they're all "body slides" should mean if one "queue" is longer, people will naturally gravitate towards the shorter queues (except maybe the 'speed' slides which are a bit daunting for some) - so even just a short rail - 1-2 metres, just to provide delineation between each slide, there should be enough space for that - the platform appears to be about 5 metres long (front to back) and about 12 metres wide...

Even a painted line on the floor could work...

• Like 1

Okay, I get you now. Basically as long as if there is some form of queue organisation, it should work smoothly (in theory). Anything will be better than the lack of organisation the Jetstreams (Mach 5) used to have. Do we think that there will be some form of gate to stop people going or it will most likely be the red/green light system like slides at WNW have had in the past?

In today's world, I imagine a gate is probably going to be mandatory, but honestly - i've been to tourist parks with multiple enclosed waterslides that was just manned by one op at the bottom, one at the top, and the ops just 'thumbsed up' each other when the next rider was cleared to go.

Theoretically, provided they all have a similar ride time, one operator could be at the top controlling gates \ green lights for all slides, and riders could just self-manage.

Looking awesome, a greatly needed attraction that I’m sure will be very popular for everyone who visits the park. Well done DW for the investment. While the park does need another tower or two of slides, they’ve now pretty much got something that covers all basis. Hopefully we will see it open before the school holidays begin 

• Like 2

I doubt there'll be any split on the stairs. All i meant by 'switchbacks' was simply a dividing rail, perhaps a metre long, between the slides, or perhaps some painted lines on the ground to indicate which 'queue' was for which slide. As body slides, (and given the length of them) the throughput should be pretty good, and the stairs punishing enough that the queues should manage themselves pretty well, with people more likely choosing to queue for whichever one has the shortest line.

I can't see any other way they'd manage it.

• Like 2