Fully6 - WhiteWater World's new slide tower

Tim Dasco

i gotta say, I am actually quite excited for my next visit to WWW now... It seems Dreamworld are really caring for their parks more recently and this is proved with the opening of the new slides and repainting of everything. Looks like a brand new park!

WWW > WNW in my opinion now... and i never thought i'd say that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ryanhop01 said:

WWW > WNW in my opinion now... and i never thought i'd say that.

I've thought that for a while honestly. Quite a few of WnW's rides are getting on in the years, and it's very spread out with lots of empty spaces. I feel WWW overall just flows better, and the overall guest experience is better, down to locker placement and having the conveyors for the cloverleaf tubes (those are NOT fun to carry when a huge gust of wind hits!)

I also feel that almost every ride they have is a one up on WnW (Tornado, Body Slides, Racer etc) except for the AquaLoop which is superior. I just think honestly WWW needs a Lazy River and maybe a Mammoth Falls style ride and it would crap over WnW even more than it does now. Biggest is not always the best.

• Like 5

I also prefer WWW over WNW for the same reasons.

The main reasons for this decision, along with what has already been said, are I just enjoy the slides better, and it caters much better for a single rider - the only three slides you can't do yourself are Green Room, Hydrocoaster and Rip, but Rip doesn't even matter a whole heap because you can go on the Little Rippers instead by yourself.

• Like 1

I have to say about 18months ago I just shifted from WWW to WNW mainly because my son hit 6 yrs old and was too big for wiggle bay, and I thought wet n wild jnr would be a better fit. He’s since grown in his thrill level whilst there to do Mammoth, Rapids and Constrictor.

3 weeks we went back to WWW for the first time in well over a year and to be honest i think it’s now a clear winner. It’s better laid out, has a larger variety of rides that I think are stronger or unique offerings. Rapids is currently the most missed option, but will be adequately replaced by Fully6. The Green Room is superior to Tornado simply by not having to carry the bloody tubes, Hydro is unique, as is The Rip. 

Oh, and it’s a shit load quieter even in peak times. We were there today and the max wait was on hydrocoaster at about 15mins

Only the late opening and dive in movies will take me back to WnW in the near future 

• Like 4

@AlexB well that answers all our questions 

I like how they’ve labelled the slides at the top too and it says how intense they are. Good work DW

5FE63AF9-7208-4E96-8A04-E38EA81AB4AA.thumb.jpeg.ce6ed0d4a5922a9da212b8944d1a7190.jpeg

I think it would have been good to have one of the twisting slides have a higher intensity level too. I’ve heard from some people that they are actually pretty slow. The speed slides pick up some good speed, but the side ones not too much. Still enjoyable, especially with the varying openings and lighting effects, but to add a level of thrill would have been good. At least this makes this attraction rideable for all ages (over 120cm)

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1

Oh wow, I thought the video of the slides going down was in slow motion for a second. People are having to push themselves along to complete the layout. I remember this being a problem at a council waterpark in Sydney that installed similarly budget slides, so i was worried that might be the case again. Didn't think it would be this bad though!

Is it because the People are sitting upright and/or wearing rashies that slow them down? Physical weight also plays a role.. Question what is the upper weight limit?

Shame, it does look a bit like a kiddie ride?

Harking back to my WnW speed slide stunt riding days, try laying down, arms crossed under neck, arch your back so basically your heels and shoulders are contacting the greatest amount with as little drag from your arse as possible. If that doesn't work I got nothing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

Does anyone with knowledge about water solids pumps know whether they can simply turn up the pressure of the water to make the slides faster?

No because the water is only coming out of the top of the slides, there’s no other water pumping vents throughout the slide so no matter the pressure the water is released at, it is going to have no affect.

Also, when you sit up you will go slower than when you lie down. Especially when you don’t weigh much.

The whole slide complex is aimed at everyone, there are thrill slides that do get high speed, but other slides will go slower for children e.t.c.

• Like 1