Fully6 - WhiteWater World's new slide tower

Tim Dasco

Fully six looks really good, I really hope wet N Wild get some new slides to replace Mach 5 soon because that has been sitting dormant for nearly 2 years and really doesn't look good in public view. I don't really understand why they closed it when not many things can go wrong with water slides apart from pumps or the structure. I'm sure replacing pumps would be possible and if the structure is not in good condition then take all slides off as necessary and replace it with a new structure. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Dano46610 said:

Fully six looks really good, I really hope wet N Wild get some new slides to replace Mach 5 soon because that has been sitting dormant for nearly 2 years and really doesn't look good in public view. I don't really understand why they closed it when not many things can go wrong with water slides apart from pumps or the structure. I'm sure replacing pumps would be possible and if the structure is not in good condition then take all slides off as necessary and replace it with a new structure. 

Mach 5 was up to 10 years old when Village brought it over from Brazil which made it most most likely the oldest slide in the park. Considering the shorter lifespans of water slides when compared to normal amusement rides (even Proslide Tornado's are now being ripped down every now and then) needless to say I'm not too terribly surprised it was axed.

On that logic, Black Hole doesn't have a lot of time left either. I think WnW has been on the backburner for Village ever since they upgraded the kids section. Maybe what DW is adding now will push Village an inch further to add something new in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is going so much faster down these slides than when I visited on opening day. Could be different factors like water pressure, instructions to cross legs and arms or just wear in the slides but either way, everyone is speeding down all of the six slides.

Bodyslide 3 is also closed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

@Brad2912 or anyone else who has experienced FS, did you think the slides were a bit rough or uncomfortable?

On my initial trip I found one of them a little rough on the back but seems to have improved. 

definitely no issue with the speed slides. I’m not even sure how they can be uncomfortable given the side takes a whole of about 3 seconds 

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

On my initial trip I found one of them a little rough on the back but seems to have improved. 

definitely no issue with the speed slides. I’m not even sure how they can be uncomfortable given the side takes a whole of about 3 seconds 

You say that, but the Jet Streams lasted about 6 seconds and they destroyed your back

• Like 1