Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

7 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

There should be a decent amount of construction going on before they even announce the thing.

Actually no, Rivals was a massive fuck up when it came to marketing. Something obviously happening yet when it came to the park talking about it their head was that far into the sand it might as well have been on the other side of the world.

They announced the ride not long before construction started, nothing wrong there. When it is nearing completion then they should really push the marketing about what it is and what the experience will entail. You don't wait until half way to three quarters complete before finally saying something. It would be like only now announcing the changes to Paradise Pier at DCA or announcing the Star Wars land. You build hype before construction starts then use milestones to keep the momentum going.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AlexB said:

For fucks sake. Movie World did just that with Rivals and they were lambasted for it. 

Most overseas parks announce rides before ground is broken, with full 3D renderings and artists impressions and such.

Fuck me enthusiasts can never be happy.

What Universal Orlando is doing now with their new HP coaster I like. They announced a new family coaster in the HP area was coming. They’ve started building the ride, and that creates great speculation, and then they will officially announce everything when things are well underway. I wish this was what MW did with Rivals, because for months they weren’t even acknowledging it was being built. Like come on, we can see it, everything can, just say something is coming. Anyways... they got there eventually.

I like DWs marketing for this attraction, but wish they didn’t refer to it as I-ride. It should’ve been flying theatre from day one. And then a sentence giving some idea of what that is. And then the media wouldn’t make mistakes, and people would understand what’s coming 

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

I like DWs marketing for this attraction, but wish they didn’t refer to it as I-ride. It should’ve been flying theatre from day one. And then a sentence giving some idea of what that is. And then the media wouldn’t make mistakes, and people would understand what’s coming 

Completely agree.

I think we can all agree that Dreamworld should have announced the ride when they actually have everything or most things in place, including a name.

On 02/06/2018 at 8:09 AM, themagician said:

I like DWs marketing for this attraction, but wish they didn’t refer to it as I-ride.

What marketing are you referring to that you like? Because there's not much of anything resembling a cohesive marketing strategy at play here.

I don't think calling it a flying theatre helps them. It's still a term completely unknown to the wider population, and a "theatre" hardly conjures up imagery of an exciting ride.

They're building a ride that no amount of photos, videos or descriptions will do justice to. For all of the great things you can say about this kind of attraction, Dreamworld have their work cut out for them in terms of selling the concept.

• Like 1

I kind of agree that marketing it is hard, but the promo image they have is pretty good. I think having a shot of people sat in the chair and whisking it away into the sky would sell the concept as well as some vague promises of 'the most advanced simulator in the world' and 'You've never experienced anything like this in Australia before' would do the trick neatly. Calling it I-Ride or flying theatre would be a mistake imho. It'd be like calling MWs new ride 'HyperCoaster'

Also just to nip it in the bud; Blown Away would not be a good name for the ride.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2018 at 9:57 PM, Flynn_Smith said:

Source?

No thanks.  I don't like sauce on sweet spud fries.

50 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

and I still think my idea of "Blown Away" is a good name for the ride. 

HaHa (don't be shy, you liked my slogans).

16 minutes ago, joz said:

Also just to nip it in the bud; Blown Away would not be a good name for the ride.

Jealous much of push and my marketing skills.       😛 😁

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I think we gave him that response last time he suggested it too... but thanks for trying.

Yea but last time he was drunk.

Imho all DW need to do is bamboozle us with hype.  Beat it with the HYPE STICK.

58 minutes ago, joz said:

I kind of agree that marketing it is hard, but the promo image they have is pretty good. I think having a shot of people sat in the chair and whisking it away into the sky would sell the concept as well as some vague promises of 'the most advanced simulator in the world' and 'You've never experienced anything like this in Australia before' would do the trick neatly. Calling it I-Ride or flying theatre would be a mistake imho. It'd be like calling MWs new ride 'HyperCoaster'

In case anyone was getting the idea that the opinion of Joz was the only one that matters in this forum, it's actually not. Strangely, everyones opinion is equally valid. 

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion