Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

You completely failed to pick up the giant drop self erection?

I'm sorry, I stopped with the erection jokes when I got married.

"Hey babe"

"Not tonight Skeeta, I'm busy"

"What about a quickie babe?”

“Nope, I’m reading”

“At least make me a sandwich babe”

“I said no! Skeeta”

“So, what are you reading babe?”

book.thumb.JPG.91ee936e3f73101fb88eafa40ee70eab.JPG

Have we worked out what a good runtime for the I-Fly would be?

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And would fit in with the LEGO Store too

Perfect! 

59 minutes ago, AlexB said:

image.png.eac18c292d74f6dfcdd094a02488905d.png

Still need a crane to lift the boom into position. Fitting to an existing tower means no self erection.

Of course you'd love it - its a slow transport ride - how to get from ocean parade to corroboree - just take the crane!

Personally I'd much prefer the bulldozer. 

The external facade won't take that long. Most parts and pieces will be fabbed off site, and will simply attach to the existing structure. at worst some paint and panel work which COULD be done overnight if necessary.

I'm not confident they'll hit their date either, but let's not exaggerate the amount of time some simple window dressing will take.

• Like 1

That’s what I’m wondering. How much money did they actually save by retaining a few bits of the original building? It looks like they might have even put in new roof slats? And if they did demolish so much of the building, why not re-build it entirely so that the capacity issue is no longer an issue?

• Like 2

It’s great for dreamworld to have a new ride because it could be a major draw card for families. My only concern is Dreamworld won’t know how to market it. I mean from the video already released, they are highlighting the wrong things and just making iride seem like the surfers paradise 7d cinema. I really hope they market this right so it actually brings in crowds. On Instagram when they posted the video, they got 4 comments.... That is ridiculously low for the announcement of a new attraction, ABC kids wheel got more attention. I think they need to look at their marketing scheme.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 1

They most certainly do! 

This is a perfect fit for Dreamworld. It's unlike any other attraction at any other theme park in Australia, and it's designed to make you feel like you're flying over Australia  (like a dream)!

I've even given them the perfect song to use in the marketing  (although they'd have to get the rights to use it).

It should be marketed WITH THE NAME so people can spread the word ("I'm going on the SkyVoyager at Dreamworld!", and "Mum, Dad, Can we go to Dreamworld so we can go on SkyVoyager?")

The name is an essential part of marketing. Imagine McDonald's trying to advertise a new burger they haven't yet decided what to call!

Edited by pushbutton

@pushbutton I see what you are saying but it’s more of the marketing in general. Are they marketing the experience of the ride or the features of the ride because I don’t think anyone cares about the features of the ride being agile and other things like that.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

3 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

@pushbutton I see what you are saying but it’s more of the marketing in general. Are the marketing the experience of the ride or the features of the ride because I don’t think anyone cares about the ride being agile and other things like that.

I certainly don't. Of course it's about the experience. Why else would anyone go to a theme park! 

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion