Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

21 hours ago, Jobe said:

To put things into perspective with this comment though, this was not the escalation post, this was Push's response to a previous post which he found insulting  and returned salvo on. There is always a starting point and you cannot just pick bits from the middle and infer that this was the nexus point where things went south.

The difference, is that Skeeta didn't offend someone, and then complain about people being offensive. He returns serve, and gets as good as he gives.

My issue is with the hypocritical nature of posts from someone who will, in the same breath, insult someone (return salvo or not) and then call them out for insulting someone. My post (which is the one that has been removed) simply used the same words and intentions, and substituted some key words to turn the same post around on the original poster. That meaning has obviously been lost - but the hypocrisy remains.

For what its worth - the fact that the mods removed it, and not the preceding posts demonstrate that a line was crossed, and for that, I do apologise, both to Push, and to everyone else intelligent on these boards.

that means everyone...

20 hours ago, joz said:

Push and Alex are welcome to block each other.

I don't believe in blocking anyone - which is probably why I do rile up. Happy for Push to block me if he so chooses.

11 hours ago, Jobe said:

Let me be clear this is NOT about someone who has JUST had a disagreement. This is about the sustained and numerous instances where someone has been villified not just for posting an opinion, but in some cases, for posting at all, and all the derision that  numerous cohorts can muster with that.

I am not advocating for either side here, nor do I think of myself as a crusader ( as you have stylised me and others)   I am, however,  just standing up for what I think is right, to try and enact some positive change.

I think, however - in Push's case - he does intentionally set out to irritate and annoy. He's entitled to his opinion, yes. And that opinion can be right, or wrong. I do occasionally agree with him, and give the requisite 'like' when he does so.

However, stupid things like "i am dumb, so i await correction by someone wise" repeated on every post, or taking any mention of SkyVoyager as an opportunity to spout about how far away boxing day is, is annoying. The guaranteed reply from him anytime a park announces a thrill ride - can be used to set your watch. Unfortunately, like many others - he has given himself a particular reputation on these boards. The difference is that others either leave because they aren't welcome, or they change their behavior.

I'm not perfect - and here, clearly, I was in the wrong - but please do not pretend that he is the victim - he is just as much an antagonist as most others here.

ETA: As for 'not being a crusader' - you do seem to bring up the dictionary definition a lot. The definition of Crusader is

a person who campaigns vigorously for political, social, or religious change; a campaigner.

By that definition, your statement that you are standing up for what is right to try and enact some positive change, i think - is easily covered by the above definition.

Finally - Apologies for bringing this back up after several days of silence. This wasn't intentional, and simply because i didn't get around to finalising my thoughts in a timely fashion.

I would like to ask the mods perhaps if the preceding page or so could be split off and put somewhere else - but que sera.

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 5

@Jobe  you just want to be the judge, prosecutor, jury and go straight for the public hanging.   I do try and evenly be an asshole to everyone, but some people say more stupid things than others.

I have some evidence for you @Jobe.

222.thumb.JPG.909282c0200c65bd1b51ef5f26700de2.JPG

2222.thumb.JPG.6e12d65c305eb34b8af3622185f68c5b.JPG

22222.JPG.63feaf91ee6eef24d48b74ec22876ce3.JPG

I've probably butted heads with every person here.

Instead of this public hanging and if you wanted real change you could do this.

77777777777777777777777777777.thumb.JPG.02f178ba85f3765bba0f9215854e5455.JPG

And for people who think Richard doesn't act when conversation turn sour and go to the toilet.

222222.thumb.JPG.8180a19a29d7d3c305e5495f0650a53f.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Wow... I think that is a very photorealistic artist impression above

I am looking forward to what the final result will be 

Iceicles have been added to the roofline for winter fest. Maybe this is the final result, they were waiting on these to be installed before they opened it... 🤔😉

20190626_162309.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexB said:

It seems you're right! In other news, the worlds first 'Wave Swinger' has just opened in space.

5b352620cb2acb22008b45b8-750-563.jpg

Donald Trump tweeted that he's been on the Wave Swingerer. In fact, he invented it and he invented all the best rides in the universe. 

Trump was later asked how he did this when the inventors of various rides are well documented, and none are him. He responded by tweeting "I never inventory any bigly rides. It's not my sort of thing".

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Donald Trump tweeted that he's been on the Wave Swingerer. In fact, he invented it and he invented all the best rides in the universe. 

Trump was later asked how he did this when the inventors of various rides are well documented, and none are him. He responded by tweeting "I never inventory any bigly rides. It's not my sort of thing".

Wowee Push 1 too many Brandy's for a school night?

• Like 1

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion