Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion
17 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Having never been on a similar ride I had no specific expectations, but I can now say Sky Voyager is my favourite ride in Australia! 

I won't spoil it by giving away too many details  (I'll leave that for others), but yes it was well and truly worth the extensive wait! 

Just use spoiler tags.

22 minutes ago, themagician said:

In regards to the ride as a whole, how is it? And by this I mean the experience in the queue, the before and after, pre show, etc?

Great theming, pre show a little long which after the second viewing is a bit much but at least there's aircon..

1 minute ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

How long has the wait been for the ride today guys?

I presume that since Rob has been on the ride twice suggests to me there probably isn't a big lineup? 

Quiet today, been on it three times, hit up every other ride once and tower of terror 6 times, haven't waited more than one train on any ride. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobC said:

Quiet today, been on it three times, hit up every other ride once and tower of terror 6 times, haven't waited more than one train on any ride. 

Awesome to hear, 

I'm heading down to the park tomorrow so I am really looking forward to giving the ride a shot 

• Like 1

Just now, Adventures With JWorld said:

Awesome to hear, 

I'm heading down to the park tomorrow so I am really looking forward to giving the ride a shot 

Seen quite a few journalists here, guessing once it hits the news station tonight the park will be busy. Getting quite the traction on social media as well. Seems like it has good throughput and will be a great crowd soaker. Welcome addition in my opinion :)

6 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Really enjoyed it.

have never been on a fly-over style ride until now and I thought it was fantastic! 

We got held up for a good 10-12mins after the preshow but other than that - great! 

Good stuff @Brad2912 I'm going to wait to ride SV until the new coaster is built next year because nothing else interest me at DW anymore..

• Like 4

It's a very neat addition for Dreamworld. If you go in knowing it's a cheaper soarin, then it's a wonderful ride. There are moments where the gondola is very shakey and jerky. The excess wind being blown in does cause the screen to blow around a bit sometimes and the smaller, awkward screen size is very apparent in certain seats. But overall, I did really enjoy it and can see myself re-riding it many times in the future. I could go a lot deeper into it but I'd rather let everyone else experience it for themselves and form their own opinions of what they like and don't like about the ride.

• Like 3

I think people may be overplaying it’s flaws. 

Sure I haven’t been on Soarin’, it may be a pile of crap compared to that, but the vast majority won’t have been on this type of ride before, so have no comparison and know no better. 

It will be extremely well received. 

I didn’t realised the jolts were imperfections in the ride mechanic, I thought they were intentional as they seemed to occur in scenes that justified that kind of motion. Think most of the public will feel similarly 

9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I didn’t realised the jolts were imperfections in the ride mechanic, I thought they were intentional as they seemed to occur in scenes that justified that kind of motion. Think most of the public will feel similarly 

I was happy to ignore the jolts but people I rode with and other people on the ride with me had mentioned that the random jerking seemed a bit weird.

11 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I think people may be overplaying it’s flaws. 

Sure I haven’t been on Soarin’, it may be a pile of crap compared to that, but the vast majority won’t have been on this type of ride before, so have no comparison and know no better. 

It will be extremely well received. 

I agree about the jolts here.  Maybe unnecessary though, but also thought they were part of the ride experience.