Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

I have to agree that the actual ride experience (sort of hand-gliding I think) doesn't sync well with the style of the building or the other themeing (flying in an aircraft).

Even in the pre-show staff announcements, there's one part where they mention "watching a movie" when every other part had prepared you for a "flying experience".

27 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

The safety briefing

Finally, the ride itself (just the queue e.t.c.)

I find it interesting you were able to record both of these 

I tried to record both the pre show and the ride and was told it wasn’t allowed 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

I find it interesting you were able to record both of these 

I tried to record both the pre show and the ride and was told it wasn’t allowed 🤷🏼‍♂️

Should probably mention 

I was not going to record the actual ride in motion but like walking in and out of the theatre as staff have referred to it (what GCAF did in his video)

Have too much respect for the park and it would be a major dishonour for all the hard work they’ve put in the last year

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

I did it right in front of them and there was no problems. It was easily viewable by staff so I assumed it was fine. No on-ride footage was recorded but if it’s prohibited I’ll have to take it down.

I’m kind of suspecting the staff member might not be aware of the policies than and I wouldn’t want them to get in any trouble. I recorded on two occasions, both with different operators and neither seemed to care at all. I do know they were strict about on-ride footage however.

After riding again yesterday, I certainly believe the jolts/bumps are entirely planned and not as a result of clunky ride design. 

They only happen in 3 scenes that accompany footage relative to bump terrain or action. 

Yes they can be a little disconcerting the first time, but on repeat viewings you can see it’s a planned effect 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I've now been on aircraft number 4 (upstairs) and 3 (downstairs).

They're both almost as good as each other, but I found upstairs slightly better as downstairs (from number 3) I could easily see the top edge of the screen. 

But you can't see the top edge of the screen from the top floor gondola? wut?

5 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

But you can't see the top edge of the screen from the top floor gondola? wut?

I had the same thought myself. Dunno for certain, those were only my first impressions.

I'll see if I notice the top edge next time I'm on the upper level.

Anyway, doesn't matter really. It's just a minor point, not overly obvious. It's certainly not another Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster Next Gen stuff-up!

• Like 1

I also found that from the lower level at the right side (number 3) the picture was a bit distorted (towers in Surfers Paradise appeared leaning) and I could see ridges on the screen itself. These issues were not visible to me (or at least not noticeable) from a more central and higher position (number 4).

Still just minor criticisms!

On 23/08/2019 at 6:38 PM, Jdude95 said:

I could go a lot deeper into it but I'd rather let everyone else experience it for themselves and form their own opinions of what they like and don't like about the ride.

Ahem...

On 23/08/2019 at 11:34 AM, Gazza said:

Just use spoiler tags.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Ahem...

After seeing Richards review, I realised mine was pretty much the same as his so I didn’t go into much more detail because I’d be repeating what he said. Plus I seem to apparently be the only person who thought it was clunky because everyone ignored that part of his review and pretty much told me I was wrong for finding it clunky. 

10 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

After seeing Richards review, I realised mine was pretty much the same as his so I didn’t go into much more detail because I’d be repeating what he said. Plus I seem to apparently be the only person who thought it was clunky because everyone ignored that part of his review and pretty much told me I was wrong for finding it clunky. 

Once you fly first class you never want to fly economy again.😀  

Parkz isn’t a fan page it’s a place where we “should” discuss the good, the bad and the ugly.