Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

28 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Seems like it might be closed for filming? Not sure

Would be very poor management given how long they had to do that before it opened, and also given that it's only been open a few days (yet now guests once again can't use it!

Also, filming inside can very easily be done before / after park trading hours.

I really hope it's not closed for filming!

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Twice in 2 days on a brand new ride, opened 9 months after construction. What's going on?

As already mentioned, just because it was sat there for 9 months doesn’t mean it went under testing all day everyday. No matter how long a ride sits there after it’s completion, there will always be technical issues for the first few months after it opens 

• Like 2

Exactly. And it is a very Technical ride with motion, sound, fx, projection etc all needing to sync up. 

The more complex rides tend to have more teething problems and problems that only tend to show up after frequent and continual operation. Disney does this with their rides for a good 3-6 months before opening and apparently that is the reason why Rise of the Resistance has been pushed back so much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MickeyD said:

Exactly. And it is a very Technical ride with motion, sound, fx, projection etc all needing to sync up. 

The more complex rides tend to have more teething problems and problems that only tend to show up after frequent and continual operation. Disney does this with their rides for a good 3-6 months before opening and apparently that is the reason why Rise of the Resistance has been pushed back so much.

And @pushbutton makes a great crash test dummy.  

• Like 2

On 31/08/2019 at 1:45 PM, pushbutton said:

Would be very poor management given how long they had to do that before it opened, and also given that it's only been open a few days (yet now guests once again can't use it!

Also, filming inside can very easily be done before / after park trading hours.

I really hope it's not closed for filming!

1000000% not closed for filming. Most parks I’ve ever worked with take impacting guest experience at the expense of filming very seriously, and Dreamworld is high on that list.

21 hours ago, StingRay said:

New rides will suffer technical dramas. Simple. You cannot test a new ride and simulate all the operational issues that might exist. As frustrating as it is you need to just need to chill out. Imagine how the ride crews would feel.

This. It’s unfortunate but Dreamworld are simply taking zero chances risking guest safety and I think most folks are very understanding of this. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Slick said:

1000000% not closed for filming. Most parks I’ve ever worked with take impacting guest experience at the expense of filming very seriously, and Dreamworld is high on that list.

There was an A-Frame near the entrance which mentioned filming. I didn’t read all the text but that’s where that rumour would have started. 

I think it would have been wise for Dreamworld to perhaps post a 'technical rehearsal' sign. I know, they want to say it's "open" and have their ribbon cutting and all the rest so they can finally say 'open' but at least something that would explain it to the average punter that these things happen.

2 hours ago, westical said:

There was an A-Frame near the entrance which mentioned filming. I didn’t read all the text but that’s where that rumour would have started. 

Filming was also happening around the entrance - heaps of gear was inside the gift shop, under the stairs. I believe it was actually @Slick doing most of the filming that I saw.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I think it would have been wise for Dreamworld to perhaps post a 'technical rehearsal' sign. I know, they want to say it's "open" and have their ribbon cutting and all the rest so they can finally say 'open' but at least something that would explain it to the average punter that these things happen.

How can it be a technical rehearsal when DW says SV open?  That's like going to the opera and the fat lady doesn't sing and say we are still rehearsing.  No! No! No!.  School holidays are in 2 weeks and this is the dates SV ought to have opened on.    DW should have made it clear this was a soft opening and SV might night open or close unexpecting throughout the day.    DW putting profits before guest again.

3 hours ago, westical said:

Correctumundo - A-Frame was just to advise of filming.

38 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

No! No! No!.  School holidays are in 2 weeks and this is the dates SV ought to have opened on.    DW should have made it clear this was a soft opening and SV might night open or close unexpecting throughout the day.    DW putting profits before guest again.

jfzebq4dq7z11.thumb.jpg.1ba07ab91449a2e7300f72984831c263.jpg

Seriously though, they've been running that ride with both floors open and with a full crew since it opened - they're definitely not about putting profits before guests. If they knew everything they didn't know that they didn't know then they'd also be building nuclear fusion reactors and solving world peace - things pop up, they're solving them and they've got enough lead time before the holidays to really nail it.

• Like 3