T-bone

Sky Voyager Discussion

1,204 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Skeeta said:

@PyroSV has been a mess from the start.   DW were in a hole and they tried to rush out a new attraction and it backfired.

Ask them about rewiring an entire attraction... like I said, goal post kept being moved unnecessarily by the regulator

• Like 1

Just now, Skeeta said:

That's why you never buy a Iphone charger on Ebay.

Unless you get it direct from eBay from the manufacture right? 

Someone ask dreamworld why they just submitted . May have been slow but I bet the goal posts were also changing .

Has anyone ever has experience with this !  If you had you would wait until all questions were known before responding otherwise it can take a lot more time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Because it took forever for Brogent Technologies to supply DW with the documentation WPHS required.  (DW said this a while ago).

Thanks .. perhaps dreamworld outsourced these requirements to appease wphs to brogent ? It’s typical. ( ie transurban outsources development risks to contractors by seeking fixed price contracts  ) As a result of delay there may have been a financial compensation arrangement  perhaps. This may not of been under dreamworlds control.  

• Nauseating 1

20 hours ago, Pyro said:

Ask them about rewiring an entire attraction... like I said, goal post kept being moved unnecessarily by the regulator

If they didn't have legit grounds to request that the ride be rewired or sensors added then it wouldn't have happened, simple as that.

You really think with the inquest and potential lawsuits to follow that they would take any chances to either miss anything OR overstep their bounds as regulators?

It's amazing that blunder after blunder people still give DW the benefit of the doubt like they know what they're doing. 

Edited by auspicious

Long-time lurker, first time poster (fair call if you take this with a grain of salt) - staff friends/family are on the ride as we speak putting the ride through it's paces (planned stoppages) for an imminent opening. I'd imagine the newish C-Suite want a firm date to announce at Ardent's Annual General Meeting on Friday.

Edited by Retardent
  • Like 5

Soooo, with all or what seems to be a bit of movement thru staff training, running test runs and the all important staff/friends night last night, hands up who’d be keen to see Sky Voyager take flight before the end of the month?? 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 hours ago, JStarr1 said:

Soooo, with all or what seems to be a bit of movement thru staff training, running test runs and the all important staff/friends night last night, hands up who’d be keen to see Sky Voyager take flight before the end of the month?? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I've no idea why, but i think that might just happen.

5 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I've no idea why, but i think that might just happen.

Well, well, well.... seems as tho the first flight will be departing as soon as this morning... ✈️ 

For anyone needing requirement specifications 😉

7F94BB7F-A689-49A2-80F3-C50973F8F4FB.jpeg

Great news !!

Not exactly the opening with the required amount of fanfare that Dreamworld would have expected from such an important ride though.

Looking  forward to seeing the ride reviews as they roll in!!