Lego Store Competition - Dreamworld vs Robina

Jamberoo Fan

Robina Lego Store  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a 2nd Lego Store on the Gold Coast is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think Dreamworld's Lego Store would be affected by the Robina Lego Store opening?

• Yes - The Lego Store will be a new store soon despite opening just over 2.5 years ago.
    • Yes - Attendance, prices &/or stock will reduce thus possibly reducing profitability
    • Slightly - Some attendance, prices &/or stock will reduce but not enough to affect the theme park greatly
    • No - Attendance, prices & stock levels will stay the same
  3. 3. Do you think the Robina Lego Store would be a success?

• Yes - More popular than Dreamworld's
    • Yes - Just as popular as Dreamworld's
    • Yes - Not as popular as Dreamworld's but profitable
    • No - Not as popular as Dreamworld's & not profitable

Alceon Group has today announced a new Lego Store will open in Robina with many of the features found at Dreamworld's Lego Store.

However, Dreamworld's store will be about twice as large.

Robina's store, at QIC Robina, is due to open by November.

How does everyone think this will affect Dreamworld?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Probably about as much as when Domino's opened in the village parks.

I know some die-hard fans who visit the DW store just for lego product, but there are so many simpler and easier ways to get it online, I doubt it'll impact much.

What it might do is show Lego that there is a market for the product in the area, which may even convince them investing in a park here would be worthy...

Side note - as a person who uses keyboard shortcuts, I hate polls.

16 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Probably about as much as when Domino's opened in the village parks.

The only thing with that is that food is a need while Lego is a want.

When I'm at Dreamworld, I need food during an all-day trip but I do not need Lego. If I want Lego, I can buy online later or go to my nearest store another day, especially if it is cheaper there and/or online.

As much as I dislike seeing franchises in theme parks, if a food product is tasty & cheap, it will sell well and we all know theme park food is higher in price than most would like. If Domino's was cheaper & tastier than in-house food, it probably was a success.

I'm not sure but is Domino's still in any of the Village Roadshow theme parks?

18 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I know some die-hard fans who visit the DW store just for lego product, but there are so many simpler and easier ways to get it online, I doubt it'll impact much.

True but both stores have things that you cannot do online. If Robina's store was just selling Lego products, you're right because of online shopping, it will make little difference but with those extra non-online features, where would their customer base go more to - Dreamworld's (for being larger and/or at a theme park) or their nearest store, which could be Robina?

15 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

food is a need

Food is a need. Pizza is a want.

15 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

True but both stores have things that you cannot do online. If Robina's store was just selling Lego products, you're right because of online shopping, it will make little difference but with those extra non-online features, where would their customer base go more to - Dreamworld's (for being larger and/or at a theme park) or their nearest store, which could be Robina?

You've made arguments against each way. If the store is local, sure, people will go. Local to Coomera is not local to Robina. They're at opposite ends of the gold coast. Robina locals will probably visit their local store, sure - but I doubt that will draw any major traffic away from Dreamworld. Regardless, I doubt there's many people in Robina now that go "lets go to the lego store at dreamworld!" - it's probably more a case of "let's go to dreamworld.... oooooh we can go to the lego store while we're there".

The Robina store won't be a destination any more than Coomera is - it'll garner enough foot traffic from those visiting the area already though.

But with all that said, nothing about those stores is much you can't do online through various supply channels, and in some cases, cheaper because there's no floor staff or retail shopfront costs to worry about.

13 hours ago, joz said:

There's a poll option missing: Do you care? Answer is a firm no.

I frequently look for these options in JF's polls. Seriously - if you care enough, you'll comment on the post. There's no need to add a 'what do you think' poll everytime you stumble upon some news.

11 hours ago, TomiJ said:

^ can it be added I think it would be a popular option 

+1 to this.