New Fastest Roller Coaster

DJKostya

So this has just been announced for Six Flags in Saudi Arabia. I am tending to agree with the comments that i'll believe it when I see it especially looking at the video.

From the article:

The Falcon’s Flight could hit dizzying speeds of up to 250km/h.

The ride is just one of the record-breaking attractions that will feature at the new Six Flags Qiddiya in Saudi Arabia.

A video mock-up shows a four-carriage ride, each carrying four passengers, that’s designed to look like a robotic falcon.

The ride features several gravity-defying loops as well as winding tracks through the canyons.

Launch-powered drops will hit speeds up to 250km/h according to the footage.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/middle-east/worlds-fastest-rollercoaster-is-coming-to-saudi-arabias-new-theme-park/news-story/8e1d6847e501c31b2cdff047673a184d

Edited by DJKostya
Fixed a grammatical error

1 hour ago, DJKostya said:

So this has just been announced for Six Flags in Saudi Arabia. I am tending to agree with the comments that i'll believe it when I see it especially looking at the video.

From the article:

The Falcon’s Flight could hit dizzying speeds of up to 250km/h.

The ride is just one of the record-breaking attractions that will feature at the new Six Flags Qiddiya in Saudi Arabia.

A video mock-up shows a four-carriage ride, each carrying four passengers, that’s designed to look like a robotic falcon.

The ride features several gravity-defying loops as well as winding tracks through the canyons.

Launch-powered drops will hit speeds up to 250km/h according to the footage.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/middle-east/worlds-fastest-rollercoaster-is-coming-to-saudi-arabias-new-theme-park/news-story/8e1d6847e501c31b2cdff047673a184d

Personally, I think it's the dumbest coaster render i've ever seen. It looks like something a kid would make in Roller Coaster Tycoon. However, I do believe it's just indicative and won't actually look anything like in the render. 

• Like 1

That's not going to be built and I wouldn't visit Saudi for the opportunity either. If it is built, it will be much smaller and less ambitious than what is shown here. See Flying Aces as an example.

The render is awful,  it looks like the coasters I used to build on RCT3 when i didnt know what i was doing.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 3

I too am also sceptical  about the whole project. Its a Six Flags property and its another attempt by them to have an international park. They have tried numerous times to open a successful international park , but each time this has failed. The  recent Six Flags Dubai has been cancelled, the 2 parks in China have been cancelled and their short foray into Europe was not successful.

The only redeeming feature for mine here is that this is purportedly being built using funds from a Saudi company called Qiddiya.            ( hence the name). They are basically paying Six Flags for the right to use the name and also for their" expertise" in theme park management. The fact that 6 Flags are not funding the project does actually give the projected park a far stronger validity, for mine.

If this does project does take off, then i expect the final product to be very different from the renderings ( which are , we all must admit, just plain awful) that have to date be shown.

They have also indicated that a multi launch coaster , a tilt coaster and a wooden/ steel hybrid ( but did not namecheck RMC) would also be a part of the initial ride installations.

Also, it must be noted , that Six Flags have not opened a brand new theme park from the ground up since 1971 ( Six Flags St Louis or Six Flags over Mid America , as it was then known. ) That's a long time between drinks!

If it DOES open, it promises to be very amazing and will certainly put that area of the Middle East firmly on coaster enthusiasts wish lists.

Time will tell but this does warrant closer scrutiny.

2 hours ago, Jobe said:

the 2 parks in China have been cancelled.

That is incorrect, one of the Six Flags parks planned there (think its Zhejiang) has already started vertical construction on its waterpark portion and is intended to open in 2020. They just announced three more parks in China as well.

Edited by Baconjack

3 hours ago, Baconjack said:

That is incorrect, one of the Six Flags parks planned there (think its Zhejiang) has already started vertical construction on its waterpark portion and is intended to open in 2020. They just announced three more parks in China as well.

You are correct that Six Flags Zhejiang is still in construction. I thought that it had been cancelled, its opening has merely been delayed. The waterpark only is due to open in July 2020- there is no set date for the theme park itself to open from what i can see. That's not to say it wont open or be completed , but it certainly has been delayed considerably from its projected opening.

The three announced parks to open in China that you mention are certainly in the works- they are planned additions for  and will be located in Nanjing. The 3 planned parks comprise a water park, a theme park and an adventure park. Whilst they have been announced and are planned, I suspect much will hinge on the success of its Zhejang site. Things will become clearer once the theme park at Zhejang finally opens. I wouldnt expect the Nanjing site to be ready for a minimum  5 years. They have projected a 2022 opening at the Nanjing site but we all know Six Flags have been notorious for delays.