The New Atlantis: New concept art for Vortex released, Trident delayed

Parkz News

6 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Thanks as always Parkz! I didn't know Funtime were building Trident? 

Forgive my ignorance but I don't associate this company with more permanent rides that push boundaries on Height, conditions, etc.

Well it's almost as if Six Flags has bought a Star Flyer for nearly all of their parks at this point. They have a more than proven track record with permanent rides at this point. It surprises me that so long has passed until they get a local customer for a Star Flyer.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

I don't think Vikings Revenge can be bought back! 

I’ve heard after the Dw accident it was thought to be in bad taste to fix and reopen it. Not sure how exactly other then being water it’s at all like a rapids ride tho 🤷‍♂️
it is a pretty bad eye sore now 

Just now, colonelbmx said:

I’ve heard after the Dw accident it was thought to be in bad taste to fix and reopen it. Not sure how exactly other then being water it’s at all like a rapids ride tho 🤷‍♂️
it is a pretty bad eye sore now 

Less about bad taste, more about insurance. Vikings Revenge was constructed in house, just like TRR. I imagine insurance would have gone sky-high. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thrill Seeker said:

From the manufacturer of our new woodie, a concept train is on show at IAAPA. Could it be our new trains??? 

P.s photos are not mine

17DEF0EF-B6B8-4083-9FAC-67221640895B.thumb.jpeg.cc648a2ff151f95dc3ded1d12f440540.jpeg517D36C4-98A2-451B-8731-960AA00F14BE.thumb.jpeg.c23822aa3d8aa48eb7f1d853335ceb8e.jpeg

download.png.b7bc71d19cfaf8299f8450466d536ee1.png

That is one ugly lead car.  The scale to the train is just a whole lot of wrong.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

Wow.. not sure what to think. It just looks so.... Busy? + the scale of it all seems a little odd.. unless the theme is meant to be something like Gulliver's Travels and we're all supposed to be Giants riding a mini Galleon?!?

I hope the restraints are more comfortable than Buzzsaw because they look kind of similar and I detest that ride for that one reason.

• Like 1

Wow they tried really hard with that zero car, but I'm not loving it. Surely it's ours right considering the theme. I saw it on Shauns FB and instantly thought Leviathan. 

Also, I can't believe they are still expecting a December opening for Vortex, definitely trying to get those annual pass sales with holidays right around the corner.

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

If it's Leviathan wouldn't it be themed like a serpent not a ship?

I mean you're not wrong, but Leviathan is the only project the Gravity Group currently have announced. So I think we can be pretty certain they wouldn't have designed the zero car just for IAAPA, and not deliver it for a project.

Edit: only project AFAIK

Edited by ejpdtd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

Wow they tried really hard with that zero car, but I'm not loving it. Surely it's ours right considering the theme. I saw it on Shauns FB and instantly thought Leviathan. 

Also, I can't believe they are still expecting a December opening for Vortex, definitely trying to get those annual pass sales with holidays right around the corner.

This is better themed to a Pirate themed ride. Leviathan to me evokes a Sea Serpent / Kraken type of theme.

• Like 1

You're right.

I certainly can't visualise that perhaps the serpent\kraken\leviathan\creature could be the track itself, with the car a ship\boat carrying passengers through treacherous waters suddenly being attacked by the creature...

A ship shaped train has no place on a ride themed to a sea serpent

image.thumb.png.3f1a86b6a87ce19004ecaef8357ed735.png

or a kraken

image.thumb.png.83a762b1a788f95b0c1349e7edc2555f.png

Or a leviathan

image.thumb.png.22a72373ebabcd35d076a93e10fc3a2c.png

(these are all the first image results on google for 'sea serpent attack' 'kraken attack' and 'leviathan attack')

• Like 2