Raging Waters Sydney new waterslide update

Mc coaster

On 18/11/2019 at 9:44 PM, Charity00 said:

The Facebook reviews are full of upset visitors who were in a group of 3 but were turned away from these slides. There aren’t enough single riders around to accomodate groups of 3. 

These slides also have the standard 320kg cloverleaf weight maximum so a couple that weighs 100kg each would have a very embarrassingly difficult time finding 2 others that are light enough to ride with. Every group is herded onto a scale with a red or green light before they are allowed up the staircase.

If the rule change was because of capacity reasons, they have failed because of the amount of time wasting and fussing that occurs at the entrance to form the necessary groups. The supervisor on duty claimed the change was the result of safety assessments that were conducted, but I find it odd that THREE slides changed (safety issues on 3 slides???), and the three less busy cloverleaf slides didn’t change.

I remembered seeing a person post on their page asking about the rule change, and I went back to find their response which according to them is a change in manufacturers guidelines

96D29D75-D631-4E40-B8F6-F06A1DC3FFFA.jpeg

I still find it suspicious that only 3 cloverleaf slides were updated (Bombora/T5/Tantrum) but the other 3 were not (Double Bowlseye/Riptide/Curler). And the other Australian slides were not updated (eg Tornado WetnWild GC, Kraken Adventure World etc). I’d love to know why Proslide considers Tantrum unsafe with 3 riders but the Kraken is safe with 3.

But there’s still no excuse for the disorganisation and rude customer service at the entrance to those slides.

1 hour ago, Charity00 said:

I still find it suspicious that only 3 cloverleaf slides were updated (Bombora/T5/Tantrum) but the other 3 were not (Double Bowlseye/Riptide/Curler).

So, do you have any other thoughts about this then? Any fun conspiracy theories? Or are you just pissed because the new operations aren't to your liking?

The issue is when it's 4-or-nothing, you're going to have problems. groups of 3 will have to wait for singles which aren't as common, or two groups of three will have to split with a group of 2.... (3+1 2+2)... its very complicated, and - if this were a manufacturer ride requirement, I can't see a lot of parks installing this type in the future, as its incredibly difficult to manage.

5 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

So, do you have any other thoughts about this then? Any fun conspiracy theories? Or are you just pissed because the new operations aren't to your liking?

I previously said that I wasn’t disadvantaged by this system. I was in a pair and I didn’t have to wait long for another pair. I’m complaining because I genuinely want this park to do well because it’s the biggest park in Sydney. All the angry groups on Facebook and the anger I witnessed towards staff members at the park is concerning for a park that wants to reinvent itself. This isn’t just one ride - it’s the 3 most popular slides in the park.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

The issue is when it's 4-or-nothing, you're going to have problems. groups of 3 will have to wait for singles which aren't as common, or two groups of three will have to split with a group of 2.... (3+1 2+2)... its very complicated, and - if this were a manufacturer ride requirement, I can't see a lot of parks installing this type in the future, as its incredibly difficult to manage.

Yes the entrance to those slides was embarrassingly disorganised and not very customer service friendly. Groups of 3 were very confused and the workers refuse to help anyone. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUT GROUPS TOGETHER - this was confirmed when I made a complaint to customer relations. I assume it’s to avoid an assault type situation so it’s basically a “sort it out yourself” attitude if you arrive as a group of 3. I joined one group of 3 when I was there to help them but I saw a few just leave in disgust.

Edited by Charity00
  • Like 1