White Water World Slide Repaints 2019 - 2020

It certainly is the better looking waterpark on the coast! It’s nice to see money has been spent on the upkeep of the vibrant colours which can so easily go to hell if left to fade. 

Hopefully the poor cousin down the road can be inspired by the younger hotter model. 

• Like 3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, rappa said:

It certainly is the better looking waterpark on the coast! It’s nice to see money has been spent on the upkeep of the vibrant colours which can so easily go to hell if left to fade. 

Hopefully the poor cousin down the road can be inspired by the younger hotter model. 

It's the better day experience by far IMO. Small creature comforts like lifts for all the heavier rafts really do make the day far more pleasant. When the crowds do return en-masse and a lazy river becomes viable it'd really be a stellar waterpark. I think it's also got some room for some better F&B there, too - Blue Lagoon was pretty well known for its Fish 'n' Chips (and had a nice area to chill out and eat) and I think a similar thing should apply here too. I think that's been a sore spot for Dreamworld lately too - Dreamworld as a whole was known for its specialty foods and it's where they should return to for both parks, especially when they're trying to get small wins on the board in the absence of having so much closed.

• Like 3

On 17/08/2020 at 12:07 PM, Slick said:

When the crowds do return en-masse and a lazy river becomes viable it'd really be a stellar waterpark.

Id be surprised if the Lazy River idea even eventuates. For a park that has now become seasonal and has a clear focus on clever expense management a Lazy River would go against this model from a labour prospective. You could spend the same capital with greater impact and lower operating costs. Not to mention Lazy Rivers in Australia (im also not just talking about WNW GC) typically don't operate in line with a parks trading hours year round for this reason, late openings, early closing, seasonal operation etc. 

Also correct me if im wrong but these plans were tabled shortly after new executive came in.... 

On 22/08/2020 at 1:02 PM, RileyK said:

Id be surprised if the Lazy River idea even eventuates. For a park that has now become seasonal and has a clear focus on clever expense management a Lazy River would go against this model from a labour prospective. You could spend the same capital with greater impact and lower operating costs. Not to mention Lazy Rivers in Australia (im also not just talking about WNW GC) typically don't operate in line with a parks trading hours year round for this reason, late openings, early closing, seasonal operation etc. 

Also correct me if im wrong but these plans were tabled shortly after new executive came in.... 

I definitely agree with you there that i'd be surprised if it happens now given the recent changes and current climate, as unfortunate as it is. In the case of the proposed lazy river and Fully 6 - you can easily look at it from the lens of what matters more - driving gate or handling capacity, and as you mentioned, certainly in Dreamworld's predicament post 2016 their biggest challenge is profitability, which goes hand in hand with driving gate. And you don't get there by building something that's virtually 1:1 to what the competitors have.