Sign in to follow this  
Gold Coast Amusement Force

White Water World Slide Repaints 2019 - 2020

44 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s great that it has been repainted and it certainly looks much better than before but I can’t help but feel it looks a bit off. I don’t know what it is but it just doesn’t feel right. 

So are we restarting the "I don't like the Green room colour" Debate again?

Interesting they chose that photo to reference WWW's repainting. From what I can see the top half of the inner section of Green Room was repainted but the bottom half, where the raft travels, wasn't?

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Both halves were repainted, how ever the top part was painted a darker tone because it isn’t exposed to water

You sure about that? Doesn't look like it. You can still see the years of water wear on the bottom half. Plus the darker paint from the top half bleeds down in an awkward way, suggesting they were planning to repaint the rest of it later. I do remember the slide always had two tones though.

F85FC992-F2DA-4F9E-A120-70E8961A792D.jpeg

Just now, themagician said:

Yeah I’m fairly certain. I definitely get what you are saying though, but I drive past the park most days and watched them repaint the entire funnel 

Yep it looks like you're right based on these earlier pics I found. Looks like they just didn't do a crash hot job of the bottom half - not that it would be easy painting a giant funnel. They moved away from the original colour scheme with the different coloured circles too. Also, can't believe how much it deteriorated in recent years.

C4E829FC-ABA5-4A33-B6F9-814964F81577.jpeg

8F558C15-2EE0-4BD8-A4F7-B7FFD68B4039.jpeg

Definitely. Seeing these before and after pics shows how bad they had gotten over the last 14 years. The Rip looks so much nicer, hopefully they have refurbished inside the bowl too (I’m sure they have). I can’t wait to see the little rippers and temple of Huey once they are done because they are looking the worst with all the bird shit and dirt

• Like 1

The Hydrocoaster isn’t reopening until November 11. I would imagine there is an issue with the magnets after the repaint.

Temple of Huey and Little Rippers has been pushed back to close November 1 and will be closed for the entire month

Rip, Bro and Triple Vortex now aren’t reopening until the end of the month 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

The Hydrocoaster isn’t reopening until November 11. I would imagine there is an issue with the magnets after the repaint.

Temple of Huey and Little Rippers has been pushed back to close November 1 and will be closed for the entire month

Rip, Bro and Triple Vortex now aren’t reopening until the end of the month 

And pipeline won't be repainted till nek year