WB Studio Showcase - 2019/20 Edition

themagician

All the Aquaman posters and signage has now been replaced. Where it states ‘Aquaman: The Exhibit’ now just says WB Studio Showcase. And all the posters for the new films inside the exhibit have been put up. Asked a staff member and they believe it will be opening in the first half of November 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, westical said:

Village has clearly forgotten their Premier Membership holders. 

That's what I was thinking. Where's my invitation? TBH I probably wouldn't bother going anyway but anyone would at least appreciate the loyalty for years and years of monthly repayments..

Edited by MickeyD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, westical said:

Wrote an email about this very thing today actually.... it’s total BS!

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

That's what I was thinking. Where's my invitation? TBH I probably wouldn't bother going anyway but anyone would at least appreciate the loyalty for years and years of monthly repayments..

Couldn’t agree more. 

I would say it’s because they are wanting to phase out those passes. DW already got rid of theirs, so there’s no reason for VRTP keeling theirs. They’ll be loosing money of them because you get access to FNs too and the premium pass costs less than a Locals One Pass. I’m predicting by the end of the financial year they’ll be gone, but will offer an special offer to change over to a One Pass

11 hours ago, westical said:

Many of the "exclusive to one pass holders" emails also come to me, as a membership holder.

I think it would be a bit rough for Village to phase it out entirely - its a very big slap in the face to those who have shown the loyalty of sticking with it this whole time, in addition to purchasing what was, at the time, their most premium tiered product.

I'd be quite ok for them to put the price up if they felt it needed - and offer it only to those on existing memberships...

30 minutes ago, westical said:

They would just advise existing members of a price rise, it would be easier than forcing everyone to buy a new pass. 

Maybe not. They ditched their pay by the month option when they stopped offering memberships, and now offer Afterpay instead - which, while still breaking the cost up into smaller payments, isn't recurring, is paid off over a shorter time period, and, I assume since every retailer and his dog uses Afterpay or Zip or similar, that they probably don't suffer from the same reliability issues that membership direct debits once did.

I presume the only reason they continue to utilise the old direct debit provider for memberships is because its already set that way. If they had decided to change anything, it'd probably be easier to throw a discounted one pass offer at the membership and 'take it or leave it'

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out the new exhibit this morning and think it’s a great addition to the park. Nice theming at the entry/queue area for the attraction 

D74308B4-EDCD-4038-8CA2-60429F417BC2.thumb.jpeg.b2c6bfcfd6ff5987fb4e5455c68efc9d.jpeg

It’s great to be able to get up close to the costumes and I like they got mannequins to match the actor/actress who player each character. It is a shame they don’t have more set pieces, but I assume these either no longer exist or they didn’t have access to them as they weren’t filmed at the studios next door 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...