Last call: Dreamworld's Tower of Terror to close November 3

Parkz News

While this is sad, I really hope the park don’t remove the Giant Drop. That ride is just as iconic and still packs a punch. If it got to the point where the ride had to be removed, I would hope that they replaced it with something very similar, but better. A DW without that iconic tower just wouldn’t be the same 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, themagician said:

While this is sad, I really hope the park don’t remove the Giant Drop. That ride is just as iconic and still packs a punch. If it got to the point where the ride had to be removed, I would hope that they replaced it with something very similar, but better. A DW without that iconic tower just wouldn’t be the same 

Giant drop will be around for a few more years at least only tower of terror building and track to be removed

It honestly sucks to see this ride go but this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. The writing has been on the wall for this ride for many years now and it has been rather obvious for some time.

It is no doubt one of my favourites and nothing beats riding the original when it faced forwards or when it ran at full speed to the very top of the tower. My most recent (and probably my last) ride on it nearly two years ago now was nothing like it used to be. So, in a way, its good to see TOT go as Id rather it be gone than running as a shadow of its former self as it is now. It is also good news as it implies Dreamworld are ready to move on from their aging thrill rides lineup and invest in new stuff. No doubt the soon to open Blue Fire clone is a more than adequate replacement to supersede TOT as DW's signature ride.

Id like for DW to put the ride vehicle on display somewhere in the park for guests. Its the least they could do. Possibly integrate it into the theming of a future attraction like Universal did with Hulk's old ride vehicles, or auction it and other theming pieces off like Village did with the animatronics and theming from Bermuda Triangle many years ago. 

Edited by Baconjack

35 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

No doubt the soon to open Blue Fire clone is a more than adequate replacement to supersede TOT as DW's signature ride.

I respectfully disagree with this statement. The ride will be great but I cannot see it becoming more iconic than the giant drop. I also don’t think the roller coaster can ever replace Tower of Terror. Only two in the world and that experience can’t be replaced easily.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

The ride will be great but I cannot see it becoming more iconic than the giant drop.

What a relief then that the Giant Drop is staying put, ammirite?

20 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Only two in the world and that experience can’t be replaced easily.

The blue fire coaster will literally launch guests backwards up a bank of track.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

And that causes people to completely forget a whole element?

Everyone knows about the backwards launch, it just got announced.

The point im saying is a smaller backwards launch is not necessarily a substitute for a full sized standalone attraction.

Lol its like saying an impulse coaster is the same as TOT

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazza said:

Everyone knows about the backwards launch, it just got announced.

The point im saying is a smaller backwards launch is not necessarily a substitute for a full sized standalone attraction.

Lol its like saying an impulse coaster is the same as TOT

The point i'm saying is, would you prefer no TOTII and no new Coaster with a similar element? Or no TOTII and a new, full circuit coaster, that includes a similar element but then launches into a much longer than 20 second ride?

I'm not saying the single element is enough to replace a whole icon like TOTII.... but when you realise that the element is just the beginning of a balls to the wall coaster, it seems like a fairly even trade.

• Like 4