What new rides may come in Dreamworld in the next few years?

Alpengeist

I just heard that the TOT is going to be removed, and this is really sad. I stay at the Gold Coast for only a half years, and I did not ride TOT for so many times.

Although TOT will be removed, what kinds of new rides do you think would replace it?

I am not sure whether DW wants to add the new rides with the same height as TOT. If they really want to build another roller coaster with over 100 meters, I believe that the upgraded version of Turbo Track at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi would be a good choice.

Another Roller Coasters, such as B&M Giga, Intamin Giga or RMC Hybrid Coaster are also excellent.

Of your list of potential rides, only an RMC Hybrid seems a remote future possibility if the market reacts strongly to SW’s Leviathan.

The tower is staying put for GD.

I believe Once the track and existing station are removed they will link ABC and Dreamworks with a new kids attraction and likely some further theming and amenities to make it one larger family and kids precinct. 

Beyond the Mack triple launch due end of 2020, they are on the lookout for another thrill ride that I imagine would be for a 2022 release 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Of your list of potential rides, only an RMC Hybrid seems a remote future possibility if the market reacts strongly to SW’s Leviathan.

The tower is staying put for GD.

I believe Once the track and existing station are removed they will link ABC and Dreamworks with a new kids attraction and likely some further theming and amenities to make it one larger family and kids precinct. 

Beyond the Mack triple launch due end of 2020, they are on the lookout for another thrill ride that I imagine would be for a 2022 release 

That's a good idea to add the possible RMC, and actually I don't think RMC is expensive for both Maintainance and Building by comparing to the Giga Coasters

34 minutes ago, Rivals said:

The next roller coaster probably won’t be until 2022-2024 presuming the Mack triple launch opens in 2020

Say they retire sidewinder in 2021, then the next roller coaster could occupy wipeout and sidewinder plot of land... maybe an RMC raptor?

A coaster cannot fit in both the Wipeout and Sidewinder plot - as in between these two rides is all back of house area. 

46 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I think though, using the Wipeout site wouldn't be worth it, because you would be trying to snake over and through the back of house area, and when you got to wipeout, you'd only fit a turn or something anyway.

Exactly @Gazza - that's why I think the old Wipeout site will be the future location of said thrill ride. Which I believe to be a flat. Albeit a good one.

With SV, expansion/improvements  of ABC kids world + the new Coaster (Which Greg Yong is saying is costing 30 mil), surely the next investment would be more modest, around the below 10 million mark.

I believe around the opening of said new thrill/flat (2021) we will say goodbye to HWSW and a new major coaster then to be announced to open around 2023.

Edited by MickeyD

On 24/10/2019 at 9:28 PM, Alpengeist said:

That's a good idea to add the possible RMC, and actually I don't think RMC is expensive for both Maintainance and Building by comparing to the Giga Coasters

I think that if Dreamworld was going to go down the RMC path, especially to replace ToT which was a world first and very iconic ride when it opened, they should replace it with something just as iconic and world first if possible, then why not start discussions around a RMC T-Rex. So far nobody has purchased one that I can find any evidence of and RMC first showcased the idea back in 2015 (Which leads me to presume that their is either something they haven't quite gotten right yet or nobody is interested in building one, which surprises me somewhat).

That being said there are plenty of other new upcoming concepts for roller coasters out there. For example S&S are showing off a new concept at the upcoming IAAPA this year where the seats rotate on an axis freely (a bit like X2, but different) that also looks pretty cool (There's a video on Screamscape for those interested).

I think the attraction of the Raptor is the small track and lightweight cars, which makes it cheaper and feel more exposed.

The T rex just seems like any other 2 across coaster from Mack/Intamin/Vekoma and doesn’t really seem to save much steel IMO.

I reckon the Raptor is fine. The existing two installations hold 8 per train, the Jersey Devil holds 12, so that’s no different to an El Loco / Eurofighter / Infinity, and would be more than enough capacity for our parks.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

I think the attraction of the Raptor is the small track and lightweight cars, which makes it cheaper and feel more exposed.

The T rex just seems like any other 2 across coaster from Mack/Intamin/Vekoma and doesn’t really seem to save much steel IMO.

I reckon the Raptor is fine. The existing two installations hold 8 per train, the Jersey Devil holds 12, so that’s no different to an El Loco / Eurofighter / Infinity, and would be more than enough capacity for our parks.

yeah, I think DW do not need the coaster with huge capacity, and RMC Raptor is enough. If there are many people, that just operate twp to three trains is ok.

• Like 1