Movie World - The Next Few Years

Tin Foil Hat

4 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

For Arkham, everyone gets leg bashing and head/neck bashing.

Never had “leg bashing” on AA/LW. 

Yeah it gets a little tighter when you hit the brakes, but I wouldn’t even call that uncomfortable unless you were stuck there for an hour. 

Head & neck bashing is largely based on where you hold your head and the strength in your neck. If you let you head just flop around everywhere Yeah sure you’re gonna come off with red sore ears, but hold your position or even put your head to one side on the headrest and it’s no big deal. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

For Arkham, everyone gets leg bashing and head/neck bashing. Easily the worst coaster in Australia for me

You know, since Push has been gone, its really noticeable just how much you 'nausea' react to people just because they disagree with you. It's funny its always the same people who get positive 'likes' from you too.

You said everyone gets bashed. Three people have now disagreed with that broad statement. I called you out that your statement was wrong... (which it was) and you negged my reply.

I literally JUST got done making a point that Arkham wasn't "easily" the worst coaster - and you come up with yet another BROAD claim, which is IMPOSSIBLE to prove... and you're gonna go neg everyone when it gets pointed out that you're wrong?

Maybe just ease up on that hate button a bit mate. It doesn't do you any good...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Head & neck bashing is largely based on where you hold your head and the strength in your neck. If you let you head just flop around everywhere Year sure you’re gonna come off with red sore ears, but hold you position or even put you head to one side on the headrest and it’s no big deal. 

Couldn't agree with this more. When I did a massive 5 week, 12 park, 120+ coaster trip to the USA in 2006 after the first park or so I had a splitting headache and very sore neck because I was just letting my head flop about all over the place.

After talking to a coaster enthusiast in a line one day he gave me some great advice, either lean forward so your head is past the over the shoulder restraints (If possible), hold your head to 1 side against the restraint hard (kinda works but if it is really rough not really well) or actually try and anticipate where the train is going and move your head with the track, lean into the corners, push down into the seat before an airtime hill (Really helps getting airtime!). Once I started doing these things I've never had a problem since.

As for AA specifically I have ridden at least 15 SLCs that I can think of across the Americas, Europe and Asia. When comparing them AA is probably one of the better SLCs that I have ridden. Endor in La Ronde to me stands out as one that was particularly rough (Although @Gazza may disagree) however some of the SLCs in China that I rode completely blow AA out of the water.

Considering its age I think that AA has held up pretty well and definitely has some life left in it. Sure it's not going to last forever but I just hope when it does go that MW replaces it with something just as iconic. LW/AA was always a pretty defining ride for MW until Superman came along, just like ToT is for DW. AA (then LW) was a very new concept when it was installed (it was about the 4th SLC in the world) and really gave MW something to be boastful about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

You know, since Push has been gone, its really noticeable just how much you 'nausea' react to people just because they disagree with you. It's funny its always the same people who get positive 'likes' from you too.

You said everyone gets bashed. Three people have now disagreed with that broad statement. I called you out that your statement was wrong... (which it was) and you negged my reply.

I literally JUST got done making a point that Arkham wasn't "easily" the worst coaster - and you come up with yet another BROAD claim, which is IMPOSSIBLE to prove... and you're gonna go neg everyone when it gets pointed out that you're wrong?

Maybe just ease up on that hate button a bit mate. It doesn't do you any good...

Only negative reacted to you. Just 1 reaction. It's there for a reason, and if people get so upset about it being used, then simply remove the option to 'negative' react to someone?

I'll admit I shouldn't have used 'everyone' so broadly. I am more referring to anyone I know - and they have all had poor experiences on the ride, even with the new trains. But just because I disagree with something your saying by using a completely acceptable reaction, it doesn't mean you need to make a whole post about it, publicly shaming me about it. 

Edited by Flynn_Smith
Adding comments
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Only negative reacted to you.

You tend to dole them out only to specific people. It would be far more helpful if you'd express WHY you feel sick reading certain people's posts, rather than just negging them constantly. You say its there for a reason.... perhaps you could try sharing that with the whole class?

image.png.e24e5fdd831b6ef4063bc87d623a9ec5.png

image.png.3bf49bf6c914b6248bb186c954e5dab8.png

image.png

9 minutes ago, AlexB said:

You tend to dole them out only to specific people. It would be far more helpful if you'd express WHY you feel sick reading certain people's posts, rather than just negging them constantly. You say its there for a reason.... perhaps you could try sharing that with the whole class?

image.png.e24e5fdd831b6ef4063bc87d623a9ec5.png

image.png.3bf49bf6c914b6248bb186c954e5dab8.png

image.png

I can make out 4 of them, but i can't make out MickeyD's comment.

In @blurrybilly's comment, I reacted with the sick face because I disliked the new VRTP Website cover - as I believed it's a bit too 'in your face' with the your themepark's slogan. (I wasn't reacting to his specific comment, rather the new addition to the websites)

I sick faced @Sarahscott's comment because of the constant negativity she has been sharing about Dreamworld - and again, in my opinion, the park has been looking better than ever lately.

I fountain reacted to @Yes. Me.'s post, because of how vague his comment was about the TOT closure. Had I known this was true, I wouldn't have reacted in that way. 

With @Skeeta's post, I reacted in that way because of the numerous posts beforehand about fire safety.

I hope that's enough justification for you as to why I used a reaction emoji. And again, I think it's totally unfair that you are going into each post, seeing who reacts to it, and making a PSA about why you think it's wrong. If the use of a sick face offends you this much, then make a complaint and get it removed. 

Edited by Flynn_Smith
Adding one comment

11 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

With @Skeeta's post, I reacted in that way because of the numerous posts beforehand about fire safety.

And what is wrong with that???????????

We were having a conversion which involved theme parks.  If you don't like what we are talking about and it doesn't interest you , catch a bus and move on .   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

And what is wrong with that???????????

We were having a conversion which involved theme parks.  If you don't like what we are talking about and it doesn't interest you , catch a bus and move on .   

I'm sorry if the reaction upset you, but I am allowed to use it. Not necessarily directed straight at you, as there were obviously other people involved, but I wasn't going to go ahead and use the reaction on every post, as I know people who have done that in the past have met the wrath of various members because they don't like the use of the reaction.

Again, if it bothers people so much, simply remove it, and the issue won't come up again.

1 minute ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I'm sorry if the reaction upset you, but I am allowed to use it. Not necessarily directed straight at you, as there were obviously other people involved, but I wasn't going to go ahead and use the reaction on every post, as I know people who have done that in the past have met the wrath of various members because they don't like the use of the reaction.

Again, if it bothers people so much, simply remove it, and the issue won't come up again.

Skeeta wrote a pretty good explanation of building codes and you vomited on that.

What was the reason for that one?

Just now, Gazza said:

Skeeta wrote a pretty good explanation of building codes and you vomited on that.

What was the reason for that one?

Nothing I say is going to get me out of being in trouble from reacting the way I did. With Skeeta's post, it came across to me as a bit know-it-all(ish), but that was just my perception of it. I'm sorry for that particular reaction, but I stand by my reactions to the other 3 posts, as they are totally fair and reasonable circumstances for using the reaction.

I still stand by my comments about how wrong it is to publicly shame me and other members for using certain reactions. 

If any admins are reading, it would be nice to remove these recent few posts as it has veered way off the topic. I'm sorry for my part in this, but I think it should be put to bed.

37 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

With Skeeta's post, it came across to me as a bit know-it-all(ish),

Tall poppy syndrome.

37 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I still stand by my comments about how wrong it is to publicly shame me and other members for using certain reactions.

It's no different to a text post. You can write what you want but at the same time you're not a bubble if you are being annoying for the sake of it.

2 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

In @blurrybilly's comment, I reacted with the sick face because I disliked the new VRTP Website cover - as I believed it's a bit too 'in your face' with the your themepark's slogan. (I wasn't reacting to his specific comment, rather the new addition to the websites)

To be fair, if I didn't like something that was approved and implemented by VRTP, I would leave a comment advising of such.
I wouldn't use a negative reaction to a post where someone is simply sharing an update of what VRTP has done.

>Someone posts that TOT is closing
>Vomit reacts because I don't want TOT to close.
>Majority of the people who see it, assume I didn't like the actual post, not the content it's referencing.

Yes, reactions are there for a reason but sometimes leaving a comment to express your reaction is more appropriate than just downvoting someone for sharing relevant content.

Edited by Jdude95
  • Like 2

Getting back on topic and having been on two Kumbak "improved" SLC I can say they are both as good as each other. Yes I do experience some leg squishing when riding but no ear bashing (although using the head to the right trick a OG SLC is fine to ride). Worst on the Gold Coast or in the world? No, not in my opinion.

16 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Nothing I say is going to get me out of being in trouble from reacting the way I did.

I'm going to try not to hijack the thread for much longer - but first, a clarification - @Flynn_Smith I owe you an apology - although you've negged quite a few people for things that I personally think are questionable, I had you and someone else mixed up in terms of the 'gross-level' of reactions you were giving out. I am sorry for the confusion.

As for reactions, I think this sums it up best:

15 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

To be fair, if I didn't like something that was approved and implemented ..., I would leave a comment advising of such.
I wouldn't use a negative reaction to a post where someone is simply sharing an update ...

Yes, reactions are there for a reason but sometimes leaving a comment to express your reaction is more appropriate than just downvoting someone for sharing relevant content.

Share your words, don't just communicate in emojis. If you like what someone has said, but have nothing to add, by all means hit that like button. If you don't like what they've said, explain your point of view to further the conversation, and perhaps give other people your perspective.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Head & neck bashing is largely based on where you hold your head and the strength in your neck. If you let you head just flop around everywhere Yeah sure you’re gonna come off with red sore ears, but hold your position or even put your head to one side on the headrest and it’s no big deal. 

Again. What are people hitting their ears or heads on when riding Arkham? It hasnt had the over the shoulder vekoma restraints since the refit, its literally just webbing now. 

If people are complaining about being jolted around when comparing it to something like superman or even dc rivals; age of the ride (so its design and manufacture) removed, its a totally different ride. Its not designed for air time hangs, its designed for speed and force. Youre going to feel differently going through that many inversions even if it wasnt built using technology from nearly 30 years ago.

• Like 2

I treat it like riding a motorbike, look where you are going next. That makes you use your neck muscles and stop getting thrown about. 

Leg squishing, when you load keep the harness slightly higher (~1cm), and push up with your legs when they check it. It still moves down throughout the ride (particularly on the high G part back passed the station) but it won't be as tight at the end.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Adventures With JWorld not only the dodgems, but the entire Intencity Games too. If they’ve decided to close it, maybe we could see two mazes in this building at FN? Or another attraction of some form 

I'd like to see a permanent walk-through Scare attraction for the area, like Universal Hollywood has done with the Walking Dead Maze. 

MW has already spent a few $$ on Animatronics etc for the hugely successful IT maze. Seems to me like a no brainer to throw a few hundred thousand more at IT with a larger, more permanent setting while getting a fantastic new Major Attraction for a fraction of the cost.

• Like 1

I feel like the labour intensive nature of walkthrough attractions like this would be prohibitive - it'd be relegated to seasonal operation in off peak times, which in turn would make it hard to retain good cast... i do like the idea, but sadly i don't think it'd work at a village park.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, themagician said:

@Adventures With JWorld not only the dodgems, but the entire Intencity Games too. If they’ve decided to close it, maybe we could see two mazes in this building at FN? Or another attraction of some form 

Park Map says otherwise 

I reckon the concept of having IT maybe as a seasonal attraction to run during holidays doesn’t sound realistic however it is a great idea 

4EBBED15-A6A8-489B-8B96-3081AD6A1285.png