Adventure World - Solo visit

Aimsley81

First of all, if this post belongs under another topic please close this. 

In true Amy fashion, I have decided to do a spur of the moment trip to Perth on Thursday - just to visit Adventure World. I’m also planning on going to their Fright Nights event on Thursday night (tickets already booked 😊). 

I’ve never been to Adventure World before let alone Perth, so I was hoping someone might give me some tips eg: do I need a locker or are there storage bins on the rides, etc  

I’m super excited about finally getting to visit as I’ve been trying to get there for over a year and a half and it just didn’t happen. 

Thanks in advance!

Amy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aimsley81 said:

First of all, if this post belongs under another topic please close this. 

In true Amy fashion, I have decided to do a spur of the moment trip to Perth on Thursday - just to visit Adventure World. I’m also planning on going to their Fright Nights event on Thursday night (tickets already booked 😊). 

I’ve never been to Adventure World before let alone Perth, so I was hoping someone might give me some tips eg: do I need a locker or are there storage bins on the rides, etc  

I’m super excited about finally getting to visit as I’ve been trying to get there for over a year and a half and it just didn’t happen. 

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Hi Amy, @iwerks and myself will be there on Thursday! So @iwerks always has camera equipment so he gets a locker. I personally leave my keys, wallet in my bag which I put next to a tree around the main lawn and I keep my phone on me unless I’m doing water slides. For dry rides you can store lose articles in boxes for every ride.

With waterslides it’s the same but I wouldn't leave phones around water.

Apparently pre ticket sales have been strong so could be a busy night. Hope that helps. Have you precooked a maze time?

1 hour ago, Aimsley81 said:

Adventure World. I’m also planning on going to their Fright Nights event on Thursday night

Adventure World does fright nights on Hallowe'en now? Wow. That's groundbreaking compared to the last time they ran a fright nights. Who would have thought doing a scary event during Hallowe'en? ;)

25 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I personally leave my keys, wallet in my bag which I put next to a tree around the main lawn and I keep my phone on me unless I’m doing water slides.

You heard it here folks. If you're visiting, wait until Tim hits the waterslides, then grab his bag and run!

25 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Have you precooked a maze time

You should always pre-heat your oven before entering the Mazes.

Enjoy the trip @Aimsley81 - look forward to hearing your TR!

48 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Hi Amy, @iwerks and myself will be there on Thursday! So @iwerks always has camera equipment so he gets a locker. I personally leave my keys, wallet in my bag which I put next to a tree around the main lawn and I keep my phone on me unless I’m doing water slides. For dry rides you can store lose articles in boxes for every ride.

With waterslides it’s the same but I wouldn't leave phones around water.

Thanks @Tim Dasco!!  When I go to my local parks, I take a mini backpack (you know the Loungefly ones?). Would that require a locker at Adventure World or OK for the ride bins? I had little bit of an issue when I went to SF Discovery Kingdom In 2017 and I’ve been wary of it since. 

56 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Apparently pre ticket sales have been strong so could be a busy night. Hope that helps. Have you precooked a maze time?

I certainly have - didn’t want to miss out! I booked 9:45pm. I also bought a fast pass for the night so I can do some rides. 

34 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Adventure World does fright nights on Hallowe'en now? Wow. That's groundbreaking compared to the last time they ran a fright nights. Who would have thought doing a scary event during Hallowe'en? ;)

@AlexB I know right? 😀 But Movie World’s Fright Nights are already done for the season so gotta give kudos to Adventure World for knowing when Halloween is. 

46FB26E6-57C2-4791-9FA8-D5289E5AD764.thumb.jpeg.f1a3b78b597bf93c2885285f759a314f.jpeg

I’m really interested to know what the ‘contamination zones’ are!

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 1:30 AM, Tim Dasco said:

@Aimsley81

You planning on doing waterslides? 

I was thinking about it but if it’s going to be this cold again tomorrow (technically today) then I won’t. 

By the way, I totally understand now when you said you leave your stuff on the lawn. You could never do anything like that at any park in QLD. 

16 minutes ago, Aimsley81 said:

I was thinking about it but if it’s going to be this cold again tomorrow (technically today) then I won’t. 

By the way, I totally understand now when you said you leave your stuff on the lawn. You could never do anything like that at any park in QLD. 

Well I got a locker tonight didn’t want the rain, wind and hail to ruin my bag. 

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

Hey! Maybe Adventure World could do fright nights at a different time of year, when it isn't raining?

That didn’t stop the locals from using the water park and slides!! I was nearly dying from the cold (hey, I’m from Brisbane) and there they are running around in swimmers 🤔

Also, they were closed agin today due to the weather and only opening for Fright Nights. Pretty bummed that I didn’t get to go as that’s what I had planned but oh well, can’t change the weather. Provided the customer service guy is true to his word, they will refund me the cost of my day ticket. 

• Like 1