Dreamworld November Update 2019

Now I know this has been on the park map for quite a while now, but I’ve never actually taken notice of what it says/is

6DEC4EA8-5971-4E5E-92C4-7110DC7AA18B.thumb.jpeg.87b0fe75bc5923456c15b38ac80ba483.jpeg

So kids (or smaller adults) can receive one of these bands at the start of their day, so it tells the operator how tall they are so they don’t have to be measured every single time they want to go on a ride. Has anyone ever seen this or asked about it?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Now I know this has been on the park map for quite a while now, but I’ve never actually taken notice of what it says/is

6DEC4EA8-5971-4E5E-92C4-7110DC7AA18B.thumb.jpeg.87b0fe75bc5923456c15b38ac80ba483.jpeg

So kids (or smaller adults) can receive one of these bands at the start of their day, so it tells the operator how tall they are so they don’t have to be measured every single time they want to go on a ride. Has anyone ever seen this or asked about it?

They have this at movie world, and have used it for my younger brothers make it easier to get on to rides without getting measured everything, didn’t know dreamworld had it tho

3 hours ago, themagician said:

They have done this for a while now, probably since September holidays last year

They also use those bands for People with physical limitations that may prevent them from riding certain attractions.

Visiting the Parks years ago (maybe around 2014) with a friend who used a walking stick, we had to go straight to Guest Services and they put a band on his wrist that had a list of attractions he could do.

I recall them not being keen on him riding WWF (in case of evacuation, stairs etc) and tied a ribbon on the Boat to stop the Conveyer for easier disembarking.

33 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

They also use those bands for People with physical limitations that may prevent them from riding certain attractions.

Visiting the Parks years ago (maybe around 2014) with a friend who used a walking stick, we had to go straight to Guest Services and they put a band on his wrist that had a list of attractions he could do.

I recall them not being keen on him riding WWF (in case of evacuation, stairs etc) and tied a ribbon on the Boat to stop the Conveyer for easier disembarking.

Dreamworld do it a little differently, they can issue a photo card at First Aid with permitted attractions.

20 minutes ago, aussienetman said:

As someone who travels to the park frequently with people with disabilities, dreamworlds cards are so simple and the staff are great!

From an additional support/wheelchair access point of view, how did People in your group do with SV?

I imagine this attraction would be a particular thrill for People with disabilities because of the broad appeal and thrilling sensations etc but I wonder how well they're handling the boarding process with Guests who need a little extra time getting on and off?

Edited by MickeyD

On 11/11/2019 at 8:08 AM, MickeyD said:

From an additional support/wheelchair access point of view, how did People in your group do with SV?

I imagine this attraction would be a particular thrill for People with disabilities because of the broad appeal and thrilling sensations etc but I wonder how well they're handling the boarding process with Guests who need a little extra time getting on and off?

Mickey - no problems whatsoever!

We were asked to board last.  I transferred my guest into the chair and then his wheelchair was moved just a little off to the side. Honestly by the time the ops dealt with everyone else, we had been sat ready to go for (what felt like) quite a few minutes.  The only issue we had through the whole experience was the switchback outside being a little tight to navigate. 

This specific client hadnt been on SV before, but a quick visit to services and he was issued with a new card with approval.

Our attempt on Tot2 however failed. The shop staffer was filling in and couldnt contact the ride op to let us up as she didnt know how, so we went and had some lunch.  When we got back she had it sorted and we rode up the lift, only to be told by the op the ride was down and they were waiting for engineering. Unfortunately he missed his final ride because of this, but that guest wasnt to fussed. 

• Like 2

Glad to hear they are all over it with SV but it seems they are still struggling with maintaining reasonably efficient Operations.

The switchbacks out front are pretty narrow, maybe they would be better to provide the Guest in front of you with a time wait card (assuming there is a Q) so you could just hang around the front and later be admitted directly in, once that person hands the card back upon their entry.

Time wait cards were used in my old MW days. The original Ops Manager hated keeping People waiting. Not sure if they still do this kind of thing. Judging by how long some waits get nowadays, I'd say not.

Key points from the investor presentation:

- sky voyager the most popular ride since opening

- Coaster to start construction in the new year

- Special events or entertainment to happen every holidays

- waterslides to open for summer

- the remaining slides to be painted early next year to be done by April

70CA79AD-12FF-4FB5-AD81-157CF3B7F794.thumb.png.ef517cf41bf9daf412427f6a78c025f4.png
B6F73BA4-7C7D-46DF-BC14-53C2ECA1C001.thumb.png.bd8ce260fd8625520119851a7980bd54.png

8DC28992-71C7-43DE-9780-50884FB28778.thumb.png.7fa94ed295468b81bba7c2d5d2d7c09d.png

82418A5B-E58D-492E-908D-AC4C02C54948.thumb.png.215504838e820d2973e181921fb8e424.png

A8E853F2-B85C-42D8-A758-B9C6DC84BEB9.thumb.png.d023b8308893cb0d2a44a4d6478be512.png

Link below: https://clients3.weblink.com.au/pdf/ALG/02172235.pdf

• Like 5

@AlexB

In short,  No.

In long, NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

On 01/08/2018 at 4:27 PM, Skeeta said:

The creek you talk about is not a creek but part of Gold Coast TIDAL waterways.  TIDAL being the key word.  When Ardent went to sell it last time the Queensland Government wanted to take ownership of the TIDAL waterway and I believe 10m each side at no cost to the Government. Using Google Earth, the length of the waterway is over 1km long which means if the Government took ownership of the waterway Ardent could forgo 200000sqm of current land ownership.   

The new boundary line next to the waterway as you see it now was not the Ardent’s first option when they sold the last parcel of land.   The original parcel of land that was originally up for sale is outlined by my red line.  When the Government requested Ardent surrender the land Ardent changed the boundary line not to include the waterway.  Note: now the new boundary doesn’t come within 10m of the waterway I marked in blue.  If Ardent went to sell any land containing the waterway the Government would come into play again.

erererererererer.thumb.JPG.30f55e781def107dbb558aaab5d48115.JPG