Dreamworld November Update 2019

6 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@AlexB

In short,  No.

In long, NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thanks. I knew the discussion had come up before, and when the BB house burnt down, the confirmation it wasn't "on DW land" threw me a curve. I couldn't remember the exact detail, but thanks for clarifying.

Since they can't sell it, they would do well to make use of it with a huge out-and-back layout. Here's hoping Leviathan shows the Aus public that a woodie isn't 'old and busted' and is instead 'new hotness', and perhaps DW will make use of the unused land that way, balancing the park off against Ocean Parade

∆  Pretty impressive doing Jetpack stunts from the Fountain, given it's shallow depth and no margin for error!

The Cave of Waves is really an enviable back drop for a night show and much better than Main st for a bunch of reason s:

* Loads of surrounding viewing area.

* Opportunity for food truck outlets

* Rope off the back half of the pool, allowing some Spectators to sit in the Water for the show.

* Utilise the deeper half of the pool for the Jet Pack stunts and other effects.

* Utilise the facade itself for laser projection effects, fog machines etc.

* Rear of the Cave of Waves to Launch fireworks.

* Guests can simply exit the Park via WWW gates after the show.

It's fantastic that DW are trying different Holiday entertainment each time around and with Cosentino possibly coming back, should be a great Summer for them.

• Like 3

Wow I didn’t even recognise the Little Rippers and great to see they are repainting the sign. They have actually slightly changed the colour scheme too (Maybe they had some leftover paint from the rip.

823980935_ScreenShot2019-11-17at2_38_17pm.thumb.png.83db28560a9d2c3861328f20ef241a32.png

330009248_ScreenShot2019-11-17at2_38_25pm.thumb.png.e691a6676db8316927a86b359e2a46ee.png

I would love to see them refresh the entire front entrance to the park. It has been used for some time now, instead the guest services entrance has been used, but with them bringing back a seperate entry ticket for WWW, I assume they will be using these ticket booths once again. A repaint and pressure washing the ground should bring it back to its original quality 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 3

Great to see they aren’t holding off with the removal of TOT2. While they aren’t removing the ride until early next year, removing the signage now is a good start.

I’m thinking the log rides days are over. With it being left like that with no obvious work being done and it’s extensive maintenance period, I can’t see it reopening. The ride was built in house, like river rapids were, so I can understand why they might want to close it (especially after their dodge job with the roof)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

Great to see they aren’t holding off with the removal of TOT2

Getting the signage down before the peak holiday season helps to forget that it is there, rather than have people, who don't know the ride has closed for good, turn up expecting to ride.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I’m thinking the log rides days are over. With it being left like that with no obvious work being done and it’s extensive maintenance period, I can’t see it reopening. The ride was built in house, like river rapids were, so I can understand why they might want to close it (especially after their dodge job with the roof)

It does certainly look that way - especially when you see so much love and attention going in to WWW + with the addition of new Slides and possible Night Show location for Summer. 

I believe they haven't 100% made up their minds on what to do with the LR yet, given the current "closed for maintenance" advice. Baring in mind it's condition and undoubtedly high Insurance cost, it's fair to assume this will be the next one to go.

• Like 1

If Dreamworld does decide to remove the log ride it will open up a lot of space near the new roller coaster which gives them the opportunity to develop that area. New shops a new flat ride or 2 over the next few years. Doing something like that would then hopefully draw some of the crowds away from the Ocean Parade area.