Sea World Carnivale 2020

themagician

Ah good to see they're not planning on taking advantage of when all those big spending tourists are in town. Bravo SW for missing the mark again 😃

EDIT Why is the map orientated so you're entering from the top and mentally have to flip everything around? Like I know pointing out how shit the maps are is beating a dead horse at this point because of the design they've gone with but what the actual..? Did someone at SW install the GPS in their car upside down and they think that's how maps work now?

2nd EDIT You know who might like going to Carnivale? SW resort guests. It's like 'Should we open the Monor''NOPE MONORAIL IS CLOSED EAT AT SHORELINE DON'T GO TO SEA WORLD WE'RE A RESORT COMPANY NOT A THEME PARK.'

Edited by djrappa
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Well it’s not running on any Sundays so it was unlikely the one Sunday they would open it would be a public holiday.. 

You mean the one sunday where its a public holiday monday, and therefore the usual reason for not doing things on a sunday (ie: everyone avoids because they have work\school the next day) doesn't exist?

I mean - thats the one time you DO do something on a sunday.

I don’t think it’s public holiday thing though, it’s a Sunday thing. The gazetted public holiday is Monday the 27th so people working Sunday the 26th don’t even get public holiday rates - just standard Sunday rates. 

I don’t believe they ran Sunday’s last year either, maybe the decision was it was successful enough without operating Sunday’s and they wanted to stick to the Thu/Fri/Sat pattern 

Edited by Brad2912

10 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Because it takes about 2hrs to get from main Beach into the spit on that weekend. There is a huge police operation overlay from the GC Highway up to Seaworld Resort. Happens every year, You do not want the extra traffic problems. 

It takes 2 hours to get out not in and your argument falls over because The spit is closed at night.

18 hours ago, Skeeta said:

It takes 2 hours to get out not in and your argument falls over because The spit is closed at night.

On Australia Day, the Gold Coast Spit is alcohol free. So they setup a roadblock just north of the Sea World entrance. Its in place from 6am to 730pm as they check every car as it enters. They also set up an RBT out the front of Main Beach Water Police. Estimated times is between 1hr and 2hrs depending on the time of the day to travel from main beach to the roadblock. There is also 15000 people at Broadwater Parklands for the Australia Day Celebrations and every boat ramp is full. Its a down day for all the traders along this stretch as most people tend to stay away unless going into the spit. Last year the overflow car park had about 20 cars in it all day. The Spit is closed but does not stop people going up, as per previous years! Its a shit fight and they are expecting it to be worst this year as the public holiday is on the day after. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

The 10th/11th/18th are all sold out, will be interesting to see if it is truely packed or if they are capping the crowds much less than they used to. I still feel the majority of guests would be One Pass redemptions..

I would imagine the majority are pass holder redemptions because it’s at SW I feel like most people might see it as too far out the way for them and because it has started towards the end of the school holidays they have missed the major part of the holiday rush. 

• Like 1