Gazza

First park you visited outside Australia?

First park you visited outside Australia?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. First park you visited outside Australia?

• Disneyland
    • Disney California Adventure
    • Universal Studios Hollwyood
    • Knotts Berry Farm
    • Six Flags Magic Mountain
    • Walt Disney World park or other Orlando park
    • Other park in the US
    • Waterbom Bali
    • Universal Singapore
    • HK Disney
    • Ocean Park
    • Other Park in Asia
    • Park in Europe
    • Park elsewhere in the world.
    • Rainbows End

25 posts in this topic

Disneyland California on my 12th Birthday...

-Waaaaaay back when Star Tours was the latest Ride and the site for Splash Mountain was only just being cleared. California Adventure was of course still the Disneyland Carpark!

12 hours ago, themagician said:

Universal Japan 

"Other park in Asia"

For me it ended up being Universal Hollywood purely because it was the most convenient park to where my sister was living at the time.

Disney's California Adventure in 2007... Probably not the best introduction to overseas parks but we only had a day at the resort and we were told to knock the DCA rides first and spend the rest of the day and night at Disneyland 

• Like 1

Ocean Park in 2014. Visit there pretty much every year since the old man lives over there.

Edited by Baconjack

Universal Studios Hollywood, followed by Disney Land Hollywood and then a Busch Gardens Tampa in Florida. All three were great parks, and a totally different experience to Australian parks..

Universal and Disney were both seemingly more immersion based parks, the rides were more about experiences rather than thrill rides so to speak - though Disney had a couple of good ones. Busch Gardens was the opposite - basically full of thrill rides which was great fun!

For me it was Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2004 opening weekend in March. When the park still had huge historic value. At this time they still had the Tumblebug, the Whip, the amazing Log Flume ( now taken over by the SLC Infusion) and of course the brilliant and unique layout that was the wooden Wild Mouse. Awesome day/night, lots of cool historic coasters and other great one off rides.

Followed BPB on this trip a few weeks later with a tripe to Disneyland Paris- first Disney experience for me. Loved it- the Space Mountain there is brilliant. Love the Big Thunder Mountain - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril is possibly one of the most UN-Disney rides I have ever been on- pretty underwhelming for this attraction!

• Like 1

I got my passport in case I was to ever win a radio competition (not that I entered any). It was then one less hurdle to overseas travel. 

Then Scoot launched Gold Coast to Singapore and you could get return trips for $350. I did exactly that and visited Universal Studios Singapore.

• Like 4